383 oil pan

-

Fisher

Old Guy with a Cool car.
Reaction score
What is the capacity of a stock 383 oil pan? which pan number etc will i need to put the 383 into my 71 Duster? does anybody still sell them over the counter etc, along with a new pickup.

Look in mechanical. I just bought one and looks like he has another. Swifterthenyou I think is is name.

None on ebay? What pan will fit on a 383 in a duster? there has to be one? i am getting to the point where i am going to sell this thing...

I know where there's a like new 187 just south of Calgary, and it's 5 liters with 2 gaskets and a milodon windage tray.

Scored a 699 pan today, that looks like a factory 6 quart pan, supposed to be a factor 383 dart gts pan? is that correct.

The correct pan is a 983. They are rather hard to come by since they only came in big block A-body cars and they are expensive if you can find them. The good news is that there are other pans that will work.

We made our own. Hopefully we went deep enough with our notch. Time will tell. I ain't afeared to bang on it some more. :)

Thanks. It is 2 pictures of the same pan. I didn't even bother smoothing it with bondo. Nobody will ever see it. We eye balled the notch with a picture of the oil pan that works and added a little extra clearance in areas. Heat, hammer, repeat. Not sure if it will actually clear yet. Time will tell.

Actually the pan has 893 stamped into the bottom of it in big numbers. To save a big chunk of change just use some of the other pans mentioned. Only reason to get the 893 pan is for a correct resto.

Carl

RustyRat,the straightest shooter,I have seen here. Man paid his dues,and willing to share.Rant(?) ,over. Dude's knowledge, nuts....

Thanks for the kind words......but if you stay on the internet long enough, either one of three things will happen. You become a perv from all the ****, you get your brain sucked out, or you learn a little sumffin. I past the first two long ago and am climbin back outta the hole.

-
Back