383 vs a 6.1 hemi ?

-

tooslow

Reaction score
If I build a mild 69 383 and install a reasonable all round modern roller cam and install an aftermarket fuel injection set up, AL heads.
What is the new Hemi 6.1 going to have over my 383. I should be able to reasonable fuel economy with fuel injection.
I have pondered the expense and extreme amount of work required to install a modern hemi or just build my simple 383 and use modern fuel injection

The hemi is lighter than the 383 w Al heads and accessories???/ really?? I bet not by anything significant? Am I wrong?
With the money I would save over installing the new Hemi I could buy that 6 pack fuel injection system and put it on my 383.
Any thoughts good or bad are welcome

The hemi is lighter than the 383 w Al heads and accessories???/ really?? I bet not by anything significant? Am I wrong?
With the money I would save over installing the new Hemi I could buy that 6 pack fuel injection system and put it on my 383.
Any thoughts good or bad are welcome

i will be stepping up to the holley terminator fuel injection this winter. self learning and good for up to 600 hp.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-550-406

the hemi has sequential efi and multi coil over the 383 unless you build a holly dominator efi set up with a cam position sensor and there coil near plug system

Younggun2.0 I like the Holley system and reasonably priced all the better.
My question:
if I build a mild 383 and install a simple aftermarket EFI system when I pull up next to a new 6.1 hemi in my 3000lb 68 Cuda on the highway and we both nail it Will I say"Man I wish I went with the that 6.1 Hemi as I look at tail lights

I upgrade my 383 with modern compoments and EFI whats the big advantage of a 6.1 Hemi ...I am talking a performance comparison
The Hemi is cool sure

Younggun2.0 I like the Holley system and reasonably priced all the better.
My question:
if I build a mild 383 and install a simple aftermarket EFI system when I pull up next to a new 6.1 hemi in my 3000lb 68 Cuda on the highway and we both nail it Will I say"Man I wish I went with the that 6.1 Hemi as I look at tail lights

I upgrade my 383 with modern compoments and EFI whats the big advantage of a 6.1 Hemi ...I am talking a performance comparison
The Hemi is cool sure

I have a pretty mild 383 in my dart. I aint afraid of ANY production car. I would embarrass a new hemi challenger. NOT THE HELL CAT but you wont see many of them on the road. I am pretty confident that i am the fastest ride on the road in my neighborhood.

[ame]https://youtu.be/DKWDPngenqE[/ame]

The classic 383 is what's cool for sure. You can see a 6.1 at any drive in. Just my opinion. The 383 wins hands down with cool factor. However, either one is gonna move your iron.

-
Back