3G Hemi (6.1-5.7) Power Steering Pump Delete Help

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
I was wondering who has done this and what did you do? I know of two ways that exist, but one costs 300. So if you have done this, please share!

Since you mention the 6.1, i'm assuming we're talking Pre-2009 spacing?

Here is by Far the cheapest option we have found. you'll have to machine the North/south spacing difference. where it bolts right onto an eagle.

upload_2016-6-21_13-14-36.png

Bracket
DCC-4593918AA - 3G Hemi Power Steering Delete Bracket

Button Bolt
DCC-6508247AA - 3G Hemi Idler Button Bolt

Idler
SMP-45038 - Hemi PS Delete Ribbed Idler

Bolts to Head Q3
GM (General Motors) - 11515758 - LS Engine Front Timing Cover \ Oil Pan Bolt

Thats my way for about $70 with FABO discount.

Sorry, yes non eagle 5.7 and 6.1 hemi. Do you know anyone that would be able to machine the idler to proper size and re weld? Thank you!

I'd just call local welding shops and machine shops. I have seen it shortened in the past. a member here had a thread on it.

power steering delete pulley

As you'll see, after discussing the $160-$300 options...he ended up with the pieces i offered you above, and cut and welded it.

hope it helps!

does that fit a 2010 6.1? didn't know that there is a difference

the best determination is VVT vs non VVT... there is a north/south spacing difference of about 1/2 inch. the VVT sits the pulleys out further. no 6.1's are VVT. so you'd have to modify it.

all eagles, and apache's have VVT, and would accept this pulley/bracket unmodified.

the best determination is VVT vs non VVT... there is a north/south spacing difference of about 1/2 inch. the VVT sits the pulleys out further. no 6.1's are VVT. so you'd have to modify it.

all eagles, and apache's have VVT, and would accept this pulley/bracket unmodified.

I just talked to him before I made this thread. He had someone else do it. I was hoping to have it cut and done by someone that has already done it so they know the exact measurement with comparing theirs and the one I need cut. I would of course pay them, I just figured it would be easier than me cutting and trying to align the pulleys

I was wondering who has done this and what did you do? I know of two ways that exist, but one costs 300. So if you have done this, please share!

I did it. I just gutted mine. Spins like a top. Was easy and you can barely see it with the reservoir off. I don't get buying one at all. I'm going to run EPAS.

I did it. I just gutted mine. Spins like a top. Was easy and you can barely see it with the reservoir off. I don't get buying one at all. I'm going to run EPAS.
Pumps worth too much to just gut it.
Some will pay up to 200 for it, guess i could sell and shell out

Are you running A/C still? And car or truck accessory layout? With the truck accessory layout and no A/C all I did was buy an idler pulley and bolted it to a bolt hole on the front cover with some washers to get the belt alignment right. Cost me $20 or whatever for the pulley.

Are you running A/C still? And car or truck accessory layout? With the truck accessory layout and no A/C all I did was buy an idler pulley and bolted it to a bolt hole on the front cover with some washers to get the belt alignment right. Cost me $20 or whatever for the pulley.
It's the jeep layout

Anyone else having trouble with these older links leading to the all mythical 3gen hemi power steering delete? The bracket link in this doesnt lead to a valid item. Ive tried other links to other companies. Also is there a belt that someone may have found to completely run without a delete pulley?

I just found this out tonight after a damper ordeal, the 2009 to 2010 vvt car timing covers are different than the 2011 and up covers. they are about 7/16 shorter then the 2011 and up. Just a heads up for anyone who finds this thread

I may still have a PS delete that I bought years ago from Street and Performance when they where in business. I will have to check. I’ll look tomorrow.

-
Back