4.30 vs 4.56 gear

-

71_dart_swinger

Reaction score
So. I posted that I blew up my rear end(destroyed ring and pinion) I currently had 4.30 gear and I’m going to order new on Monday. Is anyone running a 4.56. If so what tire. Current set up is 4.30 w/ 28x11.50 or 10.50. Is anyone running a 29 or 29.5 tire with a 4.56. If so. How is it. I know most set ups differ. So trap times are going to differ. Just trying to get a general idea if it’s worth it or not. Do a bit of street racing. And now most is leaning to 660’ ‍♂️ I do occasionally drive it to work or town. 20 miles one way. Could only imagine.

4.88 here.

29x10.5x15 dot drag radial.

How bad do you want to win in the 660?

660 is what my car is built for and it is almost unbeatable with the 4.88s

I would think 4.56 would be good.

I will say I avoid the HWY at ALL COSTS.

4.88 here.

29x10.5x15 dot drag radial.

How bad do you want to win in the 660?

660 is what my car is built for and it is almost unbeatable with the 4.88s

I would think 4.56 would be good.

I will say I avoid the HWY at ALL COSTS.
lol I have a little bit of property about 20 miles from “the city”. I have a street tire I run for road manners. 18x10 with a 305 when I daily. Shows and such. Motor is 440 all roller What is your mph

Im not sure.

I run on the street grudge race.

The speedo is the only non functional gauge in my car.....

I estimate on the HWY im doing 50 mph at 3-3,300 rpm.

My car is NOT fast (mph) but it is STUIPD QUICK. (ET)

i know im not helping much but i would definitely not worry about 4.56.

Im looking at a substantial increase in HP soon and i plan to reduce my rear gear by a lot. Hopefully i can keep my ET about the same but gain some more driveability.

:)

lol I have a little bit of property about 20 miles from “the city”. I have a street tire I run for road manners. 18x10 with a 305 when I daily. Shows and such. Motor is 440 all roller What is your mph
440 ! there's your answer .4.30 or even a 4.10 would more than enough gear with a 29 " tire

Im not sure.

I run on the street grudge race.

The speedo is the only non functional gauge in my car.....

I estimate on the HWY im doing 50 mph at 3-3,300 rpm.

My car is NOT fast (mph) but it is STUIPD QUICK. (ET)

i know im not helping much but i would definitely not worry about 4.56.

Im looking at a substantial increase in HP soon and i plan to reduce my rear gear by a lot. Hopefully i can keep my ET about the same but gain some more driveability.

:)
You don’t think 4.56 is much of a step up. I like to cruise mine to worth on ends or twice a month. And trailer if it to race. Currently with a 4.30. And a tire 275 45 18 rear.(looks tiny under mini tub) I’m going 55mph at just about 3000-3300 rpm. And it’s a 20 mile cruise each way Car tachs out at 6k. Could go a bit more. But play it safe.

440 ! there's your answer a 4.30 or even a 4.10 would more than enough gear with a 29 " tire
here's your answer, I speak from experience. your 440 will be very happy with a 4.10 gear with a 28 or 29" tire.

While Fishmen is correct, it depends what you want the car to do.

If you lean towards running 660 then slap the tallest tire you can, paired with the deepest gear set you can run with out blowing the hides off- Then become ok with never driving on the HWY and just have a super fun car that kills at stop lights.

Or rethink what you want the car to do and build accordingly.

While Fishmen is correct, it depends what you want the car to do.

If you lean towards running 660 then slap the tallest tire you can, paired with the deepest gear set you can run with out blowing the hides off- Then become ok with never driving on the HWY and just have a super fun car that kills at stop lights.

Or rethink what you want the car to do and build accordingly.
Lol. Very try. I do have a nx single plate with 175 pills ‍♂️ I know I’ll kill it with the steep gears. 175 shot. All roller big block. Flashes at 3800. Nx ez maximized lol it’s already a blast fun car. Genuinely having a hard time deciding if I want to take the 660 a bit more seriously. I live 45 mins from a real nice spot in central cali. But now everyone is running660 and I kinda wanna try that out lol. ‍♂️

I would go with 4.10's personally (that is what I run with my 408 small block). Works great for 1/8 mile and just barely works for 1/4 (hits the stripe @ 7100 ish)....this is with my 6.5 @104 1/8 mile 10.3 @ 130 1/4 mile street car.

-
Back