4" & 4.5" bolt patterns ... new wheel choices ?

-

AzDUSTER

Reaction score
Hi - I am looking for new wheels for a 71 Duster. The front has a 4" bolt set up and the rear has the 4.5" pattern.

Was interested in some American Racing wheels but they do not have anything that works with the 4" pattern and the 4.5". The 4" front is the issue.

Please let me know if anyone has some recommendations. I was wanting the Torq Thrust D type.

Thanks

I have not seen any rims that fit both 4" and 4.5" bolt patterns, except some very old school "Uni-Lug" slots (I think they were ETs) that probably haven't been made for 40 years...
You'll either need to get dedicated front and rear wheels to fit your existing setup, or:
1.) use wheel adapters on the front (not my favorite option)
2.) convert the front to 4.5" bolt circle.
Do you have discs or drums on the front?

Last edited:
I have 14" SBP on my 64.... very few options that will accommodate the bolt pattern AND disc brakes. Wheel Vintjques has some options but I don't recall the Torque Thruster D.
15s give you way more options and going with the 4.5 opens up a lot

ET wheels make absolutely beautiful torque thrust clones in 5 on 4. (At least they did, last I looked). E-T Classic V.
They are not sold thru jegs or Summit, and they are NOT cheap.
Last Iooked, summit has American Racing outlaw (centerline copy) for 5 on 4. A bit over $100 a wheel (but in this economy, I doubt they still are.)
Boyd's makes a 5 on 4, 17" wheel that looks like a tt2, reasonably priced for what you get.
Pretty much anything you find for a 5 on 4, same wheel will be available 5 on 4 1/2.

Last edited:
The original Centerline Tool Co. made auto drags in 5 on 4 many years ago (not the same company as the one marketing "centerlines" now). You might be able to find some, but I'll bet you'd have to pay more than they cost new. I have three pairs of them, but they aren't for sale.

I have a set of 15x3.5 Centerlines with tires in small pattern 5x4 I would sell. Here is a pic when they were on the car.

20210713_183620.jpg

Thanks ... discs on the front.
Then since you have K/H disc brakes, this sticky thread may help you for a low-cost 4.5 conversion without changing anything but the rotors. Then all 4 wheels are the same.

-
Back