4.7 t0 hemi swap in 1500

-

daredevil

Reaction score
I have an 02 quad cab. Was tinkering with the idea of a new hemi swap. By new I mean a comparable year not a 426. Will anything work on the hemi ? Harness, computer,trans or is everything different than the 4.7? If its crazy just say so.

I seriously contemplated this when I had my 05 Dakota. It's not crazy by any means. It will take some coin to do it. The transmission has a different bolt pattern and won't work with the new hemi. You would have to get everything from a donor truck. Engine, Trans, Wiring harness, PCM, and so on. Best bet would be to find a totaled out ram for a donor and go at it.

On one of the other forums, they said the 4.7 was the same as a small block bell housing, but now I'm starting to doubt it. I know the HEMI is small block.

Trans will work and bolts right up. The computer, harness, exhaust, pretty much everything in the engine bay will need to be changed over to use the 5.7 hemi. Might be cheaper to find a truck with the hemi, but if ya got the itch, I say scratch it.

-
Back