4 door to 2 door

-

66plyValiant

Reaction score
hello guys as the title suggests I have a very good shape 4 door 66 valiant which is road legal and its the same style as a 66 dart, It has alot of goodies on it and added to it such as factory powersteering, added power door locks and hydroboost power brakes, factory v8 and much more. I have a 2 door hardtop 65 I picked up last year, the car is almost a basket case except it has a good roof and good doors with glass and trim, I have already been talking to the local registy of motor vehicles and they said it wouldn't be too much hastle with paper work to change it. I have my own welder and am very mechanically inclinded what would be the best way to go about a roof swap to turn into a 2 door? should I leave it alone?

I'd go for it. 4 doors are cool cars but aren't really worth that much. Converting to a 2 door sedan would be the 'easy' way to go..but I think that if you have all the hardtop parts then it should be that bad to do a roof swap. Just brace up the body and get the sawzall out. A and C pillars and do some welding...also do lots of pictures..should be a 'fun' project. Too bad you are not close I come over and help.

Sounds cool...you are obviously more mechanically inclined than I am. Sounds like A LOT of work. If it were me, I would just be a solid restorable 65 and go from there.

Best of luck though, 66ply!

the reason I don't source out a restorable 2 door is because they cost so much around my area for an early A and at the moment I don't have alot of extra money for another build

You need to talk to member "waggin" He has made two door dart wagons out of four door dart wagons. Search for his threads by user search on the search feature!

Yes do a search for member Waggin,he has done the 4 door to 2 door swap on his 4 door wagon.I also have a friend in Hamilton that has done this to a 76 Chevelle wagon 4 door and also shortened it.Here,s a pic..
Milton Cruisin Night 018.jpg

Moparfest 08 084.jpg

Milton Cruisin Night 018.jpg

Moparfest 08 084.jpg

this idea has popped into my head more than once with my valiant. then i realize that by the time im done paying someone to repair my mistakes, i would be ahead by saving up and just buying a 2 door while i cruise the 4 door. my projects seem to take years sometimes. if i tried it , i would be without even a 4 door to cruise in for at least 5 years. thats just me though.

Yes do a search for member Waggin,he has done the 4 door to 2 door swap on his 4 door wagon.I also have a friend in Hamilton that has done this to a 76 Chevelle wagon 4 door and also shortened it.Here,s a pic..
View attachment 167610

View attachment 167611
Dam that thing looks like an EL COMENO with a roof not bad for a chevy.and it kills me to say that...Artie

-
Back