4 speed console

-

jtkaaa07

BossMan
Reaction score
I've been seeing alot of info on the difference between 4 speed and auto console's, can anyone show me pic's of the difference. I have several auto consoles, and I am switching to a 4 speed ,I just assumed that the only difference was the top plate . any info on this please thanks.

The driver's side where the carpet attaches has some plastic cut away on the 4 speed consoles. My understanding is that is the only difference.

I've been seeing alot of info on the difference between 4 speed and auto console's, can anyone show me pic's of the difference. I have several auto consoles, and I am switching to a 4 speed ,I just assumed that the only difference was the top plate . any info on this please thanks.

The drivers side is cut-out much larger and there is a cardboard cone that goes over the cut-out with a special retainer that holds it on. There was a fiberglass reproduction made at one time that was available on eBay. The shifter handle has a 4" offset to the drivers side also.

Thanks 4spdragtop, that would be awesome. I just want to try and get mine correct. If I have pics I can fab just about anything! I have a new handle from Brewers so I know about the offset, but like I said I thought it was just a matter of changing the top plate

Ok heres some pics, sorry if they arent the best quality. No heat in the garage, so I was quick taking the pics!! From what i can tell, the top plate is a bit different, as well you can see the 4spd has a dbl hump cut out of the side of it. It also has a piece of board of some kind attached on the dbl hump. K I just chkd the pics and they are $hitty, I'll post them anyway, but will take more and post better ones.

Attachments

• DSCF0246 (Medium).JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,326
  • DSCF0241 (Medium).JPG
    89 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCF0244 (Medium).JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 220
  • DSCF0247 (Medium).JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 182
Thanks 4spdragtop, I really appreciate your help, I know what ya mean by no heat in the garage, it was a nice balmy 8 degree's in Wisconsin today. Those pic's will work just fine, i see nobody is re-poping the cosole side covers for A body anymore,so I will. I am going to make a mold and lay a few out of fiberglass. Again thank's for your help, that's why this is my favorite website the people on here all have the same passion for A body Mopar's that I do, and are allways more then willing to help out with thing's

Thanks Jeff

Hey Jeff, no sweat, now I am off for 3 weeks, hopefully I can get heat in the garage. I think someone mentioned they saw repops for those covers on epay, but I could be wrong. If you want dimensions or something from the cover on mine, let me know, and I will do what I can.

That would be awesome, thanks again for the help. What do you have a Cuda? I had a 69 formula S 340 a couple years ago, picked it up for 2500, I wish I still had that car!

That would be awesome, thanks again for the help. What do you have a Cuda? I had a 69 formula S 340 a couple years ago, picked it up for 2500, I wish I still had that car!

Hey Jeff, my car is same as yours, 4spd ragtop version tho. As long as yer not in a hurry I will try to get some dimensions for ya

I have some pic's of mine somewhere, it was b5 blue white top and interior. I had it at 1 show and some girl was there with her boyfriend, who was a chevy guy, they offered me 9 grand I couldn't resist. Probably worth a little more now though!

Very interesting guys. I never knew there was a screw on cardboard cover for the floor boot. I thought it was exposed. Mike

-
Back