4 speed knob

-
When I bought my 70 it had a chrome ball, until I opened the glove box and found the white ball with shift pattern.....

The ball in my 70Swinger 340 was black. I don't like the aluminum T-handles. I like the black balls with the knob coming out the side, you know, for the line-loc. They have a good feel to them. You can't get that feel from a Tee or a Pistolgrip.Plus you can hold the balls in different ways and really hammer that stick.You can grab those balls from the side or from the top or even wrap a couple of fingers underneath of it and tug on it. Sometimes with the Tees they come loose on the 2-3 shift. Then your hand slips off and your knuckles end up in the dash. That don't happen with the balls.I haven't slipped off mine in a good long time.

I think the woodgrain ball is correct. The later overdrive trans used a black ball.

Thanks fellas,putting the factory console back with this 4 speed,just trying to make it look right,it just seems that the wood is old school, my 70 duster had the white one,im thinking the white one it is

Thanks fellas,putting the console back with this 4 speed, trying to make it look right, my 70 duster had the white ball,thinking the wood looks old school

Sometimes with the Tees they come loose on the 2-3 shift. Then your hand slips off and your knuckles end up in the dash. .

I have a coupla scars on my right hand knuckles as a reminder, had to replace the radio.. but still prefer the t-handle.

I believe the woodgrain was an option, came with the woodgrain steering wheel and shifter knob.

Mine did, and I bought it new outta the showroom.

cheers

The ball in my 70Swinger 340 was black. I don't like the aluminum T-handles. I like the black balls with the knob coming out the side, you know, for the line-loc. They have a good feel to them. You can't get that feel from a Tee or a Pistolgrip.Plus you can hold the balls in different ways and really hammer that stick.You can grab those balls from the side or from the top or even wrap a couple of fingers underneath of it and tug on it. Sometimes with the Tees they come loose on the 2-3 shift. Then your hand slips off and your knuckles end up in the dash. That don't happen with the balls.I haven't slipped off mine in a good long time.

Lotsa info about balls. lol

Oh jeez, that certain AC/DC song comes to mind.

-
Back