Not open for further replies.

SMCARNUT

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for something reasonably close will travel up to 250 miles.
4 Speed manual overdrive transmission for A body.

Streetsboro Ohio 44241.

Please send me a private message if you have one.

Thanks Steve

I have an all aluminum one for an a-body. Has a iron side cover but I have an aluminum one for it , $800 as it is or $1500 freshened with bearings gaskets and syncros. Must be picked up with cash. Side cover can be removed for inspection before you pay for it. I bought it to build a aluminum Hemi 4spd but went with a Liberty face plated Hemi 4spd. They are Clutchless and shift like a street bike. Zip is 18038 Pa.

Oldmanmopar

I would prefer a cast Iron unit. I am hoping to find something closer if possible. I will keep what you have in mind.

Thanks for responding and letting me know what you have.

Steve
I have an all aluminum one for an a-body. Has a iron side cover but I have an aluminum one for it , $800 as it is or $1500 freshened with bearings gaskets and syncros. Must be picked up with cash. Side cover can be removed for inspection before you pay for it. I bought it to build a aluminum Hemi 4spd but went with a Liberty face plated Hemi 4spd. They are Clutchless and shift like a street bike. Zip is 18038 Pa.

Yeah the 1975 cast iron version is a lot more premium the main shaft don't ride on the aluminum housing and wear it out

Looking for something reasonably close will travel up to 250 miles.
4 Speed manual overdrive transmission for A body.

Streetsboro Ohio 44241.

Please send me a private message if you have one.

Thanks Steve
I have a 1976 cast iron OD trans I'm not going to use. I'm in Dayton, Ohio.
PM me for more info.

Yeah the 1975 cast iron version is a lot more premium the main shaft don't ride on the aluminum housing and wear it out
I think you mean the c/s .
Behind a regular SBM; if you keep good oil in it, they will wear out other parts long before egging out the c/s hole. And if that does happen, then, any automotive-machine shop can bore that hole out for you and press in a bushing. It ain't even that expensive.

The main shaft rides on bearings like all other iron transmissions. Everything is identical as an iron trans except for the Case, Tailshaft housing and side cover. They are aluminum. I don't know what you are referring to, The main shaft is riding on aluminum?

I think you mean the c/s .
Behind a regular SBM; if you keep good oil in it, they will wear out other parts long before egging out the c/s hole. And if that does happen, then, any automotive-machine shop can bore that hole out for you and press in a bushing. It ain't even that expensive.
The counter/shaft pin never spins, It is locked. The counter shaft gears ride on needle bearing sets that ride on the shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back