41 Chrysler

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
try the street rodding section on moparts,,

or a wanted add on the HAMB web site,,

or the 40s mopar site called P15 D24

if you locate one rhat appears to be in poor condition, i know a guy that covers them in stainless steel,,,,way cheaper then having it restored its pot metal and they pitt like mad,,

if its a street rod, you could always go to a VEE BUTT windshield and eliminate the center post,

try the street rodding section on moparts,,

or a wanted add on the HAMB web site,,

or the 40s mopar site called P15 D24

if you locate one rhat appears to be in poor condition, i know a guy that covers them in stainless steel,,,,way cheaper then having it restored its pot metal and they pitt like mad,,

if its a street rod, you could always go to a VEE BUTT windshield and eliminate the center post,

Good info. I will keep you in mind if I find a badly pitted one. It is a street rod as in interior and driveline but I am keeping the body close to stock so I plan on a 2 piece windshield.

what is this freemans ??
yes if you find a center post,,as long as it isnt broken,, it may be all pitted up ,,they are pot metal,,,and pit bad, you can sand down thee pitts smoothg, and an older plymouth guy i know in the detroit area covers them in a thin layer of stainless,, i bought one from him at hershey,,,for 45 bucks covered,, no core trade,,, i have not instaled it yet, the one on my 40 coupe is real nice so no hurry to switch it,,,, i am in the process of sending him a center hood hinge cover fro a 48 dodge we are working on, to see if he can cover some thing that size,,it would be better then havinbg it rechromed,,,

i am going to PM YOU with his phone number, call and ask if he has any to sell with out a core,, he may not have any left but worth a try,,,here is a pic of my 40 dodge,,,lets see your 41,, oh by the way most of the center posts interchange between dodge plymouth chrysler desoto,,,

Dsc00233.jpg

if you cant find anything pm me and I will get the phone number to a local south dakota classic car salvage yard that has ALOT of mopars from the 20's-50's, Im sure he has what your looking for, but he is pricey

if you cant find anything pm me and I will get the phone number to a local south dakota classic car salvage yard that has ALOT of mopars from the 20's-50's, Im sure he has what your looking for, but he is pricey

sounds like a kool junk yard and pics to drool over ??

sounds like a kool junk yard and pics to drool over ??

It is a pretty cool junkyard, lots of mopars....the owner is partial to classic chrysler products. The owner is also pretty strange though, He let me go walk around the place, I asked him if it was alright to take some pictures but he wasn't too crazy about the idea so I didn't to stay on his good side. He has a little section of about 20 or so cars that he is keeping and wont even entertain the idea of selling. Most of them are 67, 68 and 69 barracuda fastbacks, few mid sixties satellites, few two door C-bodies.

I'll ask him if I can take a few pics again sometime, I'm sure he was just having a bad day or something.

It is a pretty cool junkyard, lots of mopars....the owner is partial to classic chrysler products. The owner is also pretty strange though, He let me go walk around the place, I asked him if it was alright to take some pictures but he wasn't too crazy about the idea so I didn't to stay on his good side. He has a little section of about 20 or so cars that he is keeping and wont even entertain the idea of selling. Most of them are 67, 68 and 69 barracuda fastbacks, few mid sixties satellites, few two door C-bodies.

I'll ask him if I can take a few pics again sometime, I'm sure he was just having a bad day or something.

seems most guys that have vintage junk yards are strange,,,so now theres a few fast back barracudas that are what we call " some day cars "

Well today I got the trans in and the driveshaft built along with hooking up the shift cable. I am hoping to mount the shifter and get it fired before the weekend is over. I have been waiting 10 years to fire the 440 in it now.

coupe002.jpg

VERY KOOL 3 window chrysler RARE,, ive never seen one only dodge and desoto 3 window coupes,,,looks like GM wheels in the back,,,any interior or under hood pics ?? what are your plans for the 41 ??

i had the guy fstfish66 cover my center post you can't tell its been covered nice thing is it will never rust again also when he said about seeing if the guy will do a hood hinge for a 48 dodge its off my car i like the work this guy did and would love to have him do the hinge he really dose nice work

what is this freemans ??
yes if you find a center post,,as long as it isnt broken,, it may be all pitted up ,,they are pot metal,,,and pit bad, you can sand down thee pitts smoothg, and an older plymouth guy i know in the detroit area covers them in a thin layer of stainless,, i bought one from him at hershey,,,for 45 bucks covered,, no core trade,,, i have not instaled it yet, the one on my 40 coupe is real nice so no hurry to switch it,,,, i am in the process of sending him a center hood hinge cover fro a 48 dodge we are working on, to see if he can cover some thing that size,,it would be better then havinbg it rechromed,,,

i am going to PM YOU with his phone number, call and ask if he has any to sell with out a core,, he may not have any left but worth a try,,,here is a pic of my 40 dodge,,,lets see your 41,, oh by the way most of the center posts interchange between dodge plymouth chrysler desoto,,,

Freemans are on ebay they sell old car parts from a salvage yard out west.

This was before I decided to move the brakes under the floor. I just got a set of buckets mounted and have no other interior in yet.

coupe003.jpg

what do u have for buckets ?? lets see a pic please,,,im still trying to figure out what im going to get a set of buckets out of, so many street rods have over sized buckets in them that they touch and i dont like that look,, i want a little space between them so i can build a console or even a narrow arm rest/divider,,im thinking mid 80s to 90 mustang may work,,,

what do u have for buckets ?? lets see a pic please,,,im still trying to figure out what im going to get a set of buckets out of, so many street rods have over sized buckets in them that they touch and i dont like that look,, i want a little space between them so i can build a console or even a narrow arm rest/divider,,im thinking mid 80s to 90 mustang may work,,,

I will get a pic of the interior this weekend for you. I am kinda excited as I just got it fired tonight. It sounded great with open manifolds. I think the seats are for like a 2004 Mazda not sure they came from LEAR Seating corp.

I will get a pic of the interior this weekend for you. I am kinda excited as I just got it fired tonight. It sounded great with open manifolds. I think the seats are for like a 2004 Mazda not sure they came from LEAR Seating corp.

open manifolds,,,,becareful,,thats a good way to warp a valve

It doesnt have brakes yet so I am not beating it too bad with the open manifolds. It is just great to hear it run after leaving it sit for 10 years and just now getting back to it. Here are some of the interior pics you asked for. Remember it is in progress so no laughing. lol

1965barracuda051.jpg

1965barracuda050.jpg

it all takes time,,,i hope to get mine back on the raod before winter of 2010....if u ever get a chance to get a pic with the seats uncovered,, ide like one,,thats if you can rememebr what they are out of,,also like the adjustable bungi column,,,, i like that steerring wheel,, if you can some how make the bird in to the dodge wing emblem would be kool

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back