413 intake gasket questions

-

69DartGTConv

Reaction score
I removed my intake to replace my hydraulic lifters and to my surprise, the pan below my intake was also the only gasket there. I never had anything like this on my small block engines. Are there any secrets for the re-install that I need to know? I see they sell individual gaskets as well? Hope to re-assemble tomorrow morning before golf.

I think you are talking about the valley pan gasket. Yup you can buy them, it's just a tin gasket that seals the intake ports and seals the oil in on the top of the engine. I use sealant on the ends of the pan gasket.

I think you are talking about the valley pan gasket. Yup you can buy them, it's just a tin gasket that seals the intake ports and seals the oil in on the top of the engine. I use sealant on the ends of the pan gasket.
It kind of looked like a little sealant was used at the transition from pan to intake.
thanks

They sell thin gaskets to use with the pan also. it takes two per side. If putting on bare a thin coat of Copper coat or Indian head would help to seal it ports. RTV sealant on ends and corners.

What is your intake made of? Iron is pan only, aluminum uses the paper gaskets from factory. Most never use the paper.

New question since I accidently dumped my rockers off the bar. The stamped numbers on the rockers mean what? They say I71+ I73+ I712+I71+ in the current order that I created when I reassembled. Hydraulic lifters is use.
thx

Do you have a service manual? They have a photo of them in there. There are rights and lefts. Look at them and you will see they reach out to the side a tad. Do you have the spacer rings? And the plates under the hold down bolts?

Numbers don’t usually mean much. They are all different numbers depending their origin.

Do you have a service manual? They have a photo of them in there. There are rights and lefts. Look at them and you will see they reach out to the side a tad. Do you have the spacer rings? And the plates under the hold down bolts?

Numbers don’t usually mean much. They are all different numbers depending their origin.
Yes, I found all the parts and figured out the intake/exhaust right/left so the pushrods are straight up/down not tilted. Me and an older friend assumed it probably wasn't an issue with hydraulic lifters. He used to old a service station.

The tips go slighty left or right to line up the the valve stems. Make sure they are correct. Yes the pushrods will be straight also. There is a ring spacer between each INT and EXH rocker. So they’re is just a hair of movement side to side, not 1/8” of side play.

-
Back