416 Stroker Oil Pan

-

Psychobob22

Reaction score
Hey all!

I think this post should go in here..

Been chugging away with my 340/416 stroker and now comes time for some help/experience from the group. Trying to figure out what oil pan to use in the vehicle. I have seen a number of people using Milidon but because of the earlier model year ('70) k frame I would have to notch it and Im not a huge fan of this..

What are you guys running pan wise that wouldn't require modification.

(Btw my crank is a 4" stroke)

Thanks!!

We run the Milodon pan on our 70 Duster and
our 69 Valiant with the stock V8 K member and
no clearance issues.

It is no big deal to trim the K member which we do
on our big block A bodies sometime. Just box it if
you cut a lot

We run the Milodon pan on our 70 Duster and
our 69 Valiant with the stock V8 K member and
no clearance issues.

It is no big deal to trim the K member which we do
on our big block A bodies sometime. Just box it if
you cut a lot
Which pan model? The oem design or one of the higher capacity pans?

Good luck with the newer Milidon pans. They totally messed them up and I posted about it with lots of pictures. According to Tom they didn’t change the pans but according to the two I got and other members they did. Screw that company.

Pittsburgh, are there any fitment issues with those or are they gtg?

I’ve never bought one yet and I have one more Milidon pan to fix that they gave me for free. Supposedly for pointing out their mistakes that they didn’t fix.

I’d go with whatever Kevco that fits your car. I’ve got the 7 quart rear sump version with integral windage tray, baffles and trap doors on my 410 van, no issues with the mount flanges or bolt locations, the drilling for front seal location nubs, or anything. Bolted right on and no leaks, weeping from welds etc. Nice clean welds, uniform zinc coated, and fast delivery direct from Kevco. Answered my emails I sent on a Sunday that day as well.

Only thing you’ll have to be concerned about (IMO) is in how they ship it. They don’t put the boxed pan in another box like Summit for example. In my case they put the pickup which is sold separately in the pans box, sealed it up and that’s how they shipped it. Luckily it wasn’t damaged.

Q

5F02D95F-D9C4-43D2-834B-8C4142ACC885.jpeg

Kevco has a pan that looks stock but holds 1 more qt and has baffles. it's the one i will be going with

Kevco will also custom build whatever you want if you give them a basic sketch with dimensions, just a fyi

I’d go with whatever Kevco that fits your car. I’ve got the 7 quart rear sump version with integral windage tray, baffles and trap doors on my 410 van, no issues with the mount flanges or bolt locations, the drilling for front seal location nubs, or anything. Bolted right on and no leaks, weeping from welds etc. Nice clean welds, uniform zinc coated, and fast delivery direct from Kevco. Answered my emails I sent on a Sunday that day as well.

Only thing you’ll have to be concerned about (IMO) is in how they ship it. They don’t put the boxed pan in another box like Summit for example. In my case they put the pickup which is sold separately in the pans box, sealed it up and that’s how they shipped it. Luckily it wasn’t damaged.

Q

View attachment 1716097751
I have this pan on my 416 clears everything including ttI header ... It's the way I'd go ( no windage tray) needed

Which pan model? The oem design or one of the higher capacity pans?
The high capacity pans.
However, Mine that I have about were all given to me 20/30 years ago
by Milodon. I would not be surprised if the new one are not as nearly as good
like most of the new offshore sourced junk everyone is selling.
I still have about 15 New Old Stock sitting in the shop so I will not be buying
any new ones in this lifetime or even use them all ( If anyone need one ).
Once a year they would check all their pans for fit on vehicles.
I would bring a lot of beer and some dollars and get the pans which
had been bolted on but never had Oil in them. They were very concerned about
fit and quality the last century.

Last edited:
Hey all!

I think this post should go in here..

Been chugging away with my 340/416 stroker and now comes time for some help/experience from the group. Trying to figure out what oil pan to use in the vehicle. I have seen a number of people using Milidon but because of the earlier model year ('70) k frame I would have to notch it and Im not a huge fan of this..

What are you guys running pan wise that wouldn't require modification.

(Btw my crank is a 4" stroke)

Thanks!!
Use the milodon and just cut the passenger side corner off flat and Patch it,
2 1/4 inches @70*.exacxtly.

Last edited:
Good luck with the newer Milidon pans. They totally messed them up and I posted about it with lots of pictures. According to Tom they didn’t change the pans but according to the two I got and other members they did. Screw that company.
I had a hell of a time getting a milodon pan to stop leaking. Finely did, but on and off quite a few times to figure out where it was leaking...

Glad I bought all my milodon oil pans two decades ago. I have a couple tips when it comes to milodon oil pans., for each the 273-340 and 360 versions.

I have a Charlies pan with windage tray on my '71 Duster 414 with '73 & up spool K frame. No fitment issues.

I run a Kevko on my small block stroker has been a great oil pan and no fitment issues with TTI headers.

I'm running the milodon one but modified the corner to clear the k member. Dont mind the fittings just drain backs for the turbos. We water tested after the welding and no leaks, had my buddy do it, he's a professional I'm not lol

20170225_172419.jpg

-
Back