426 Mega Block Numbers

-

Jim1175

Reaction score
New guy here, I have a question for the board. Here is my story, I bought a 69 dodge dart with a 440 and 671 Blower for my son`s 2nd birthday. I smoked the motor racing it and bought a 426 Hemi to replace it. I had big plans for it then Life happened. Now about 15 years later I ready to get back on track. I`m in the planning stages and trying to figure out what block I have. I pretty sure (from Research) I have a early Mega block, Not sure what year or part number. Does anyone know anything on this block. Thanks

Stevens motor 1.JPG

100_0576.JPG

20170915_140134.jpg

20170915_140112.jpg

20170915_140255.jpg

20170916_184052.jpg

20170915_131908.jpg

It does look like an old Mega Block, does have the dash M casting number, and is clearly finish machined as a Hemi block with pushrod clearance, inner row head studs, and original style engine mount pads. So, the only thing we don't know is if it's a street block with water passages between the cylinders or is it a siamese bore version. If heads or core plugs are still off/out, just look through the coolant passages to see if there is a passage between adjacent cylinders for coolant. There were several part numbers available, but they varied based on siamese or non-siamese, original style or 440 ears for engine mounts, and which bore diameter it was finished with.

It does look like an old Mega Block, does have the dash M casting number, and is clearly finish machined as a Hemi block with pushrod clearance, inner row head studs, and original style engine mount pads. So, the only thing we don't know is if it's a street block with water passages between the cylinders or is it a siamese bore version. If heads or core plugs are still off/out, just look through the coolant passages to see if there is a passage between adjacent cylinders for coolant. There were several part numbers available, but they varied based on siamese or non-siamese, original style or 440 ears for engine mounts, and which bore diameter it was finished with.
mega block. All gen 2 hemi blocks I ever saw HAD RL cast in the side of them. Looked like a 12.5 to 1 engine w/ extra water cooling in the center freeze plug hole. Aftermarket rocker arms and stands, roller lifters . Dang it nice to see the inside of one again! Now about that drain plug hole !

Looks like an early 90’s replacement 426 Street Hemi block. Its not beefed up around the lifter bores like the later mega blocks
Probably P4529850

Last edited:
Am I the only one to question why a 2 year old needed a blown 440 Dart?

I mean damn, I need one now and I'm not much older than 2.

And those pistons don’t jive with that blower either

Last edited:
-
Back