[WANTED] 440 5L and 5R ISKY 1.5 ductile iron rocker arms.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

RTK_line

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Coming home from the track last Sunday I lost oil pressure. Upon inspection I found a broken rocker arm shaft. So now I need a partial set of usable ISKY 1.5 rockers. Mopar performance shaft at that. Anyone broke a shaft before? I’ve never heard or seen it.

F291538D-BF5D-415E-86DD-0908AB8ECFDC.png

Friend of mine had that problem, bluing and galing shafts...”not breaking them tho”

Ended up honing the rockers to gain a little more clearance and solved the problem, I’ll bet yours could be on the tight side, also grooving the shafts will help if it isn’t already done. Hope you can find what your looking for!

Friend of mine had that problem, bluing and galing shafts...”not breaking them tho”

Ended up honing the rockers to gain a little more clearance and solved the problem, I’ll bet yours could be on the tight side, also grooving the shafts will help if it isn’t already done. Hope you can find what your looking for!
I had just over 13,000 miles on these with no issues. It was probably just fatigue or I possibly over torqued it. I had some retainers crack and fail in December on this same build.

2DFA21E2-BBE5-46DD-B0C4-46FBF1A2AC99.jpeg

E72E4A6B-61F0-44EF-AC6A-674E55E3F84B.jpeg

I think I over torque mine every time I have r&r them lol, my ductile rockers have to have 5x the miles as yours with no problem. I would hate for you to find some new rockers/shaft and have it happen again if you have a problem else where, maybe you should start a thread About this in the race section as well? I have a couple more questions but I don’t think the admins like discussion in for sale/wanted ads lol

I think I over torque mine every time I have r&r them lol, my ductile rockers have to have 5x the miles as yours with no problem. I would hate for you to find some new rockers/shaft and have it happen again if you have a problem else where, maybe you should start a thread About this in the race section as well? I have a couple more questions but I don’t think the admins like discussion in for sale/wanted ads lol
Started a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back