440 71 Swinger Build

-

Cazbah362

Reaction score
I debated on where to put this in the forums, its not a restoration and its getting a 440, so here it goes. Originally I was going to drop all this into a 71 Demon, however the Demon had a great running small block and trans, so I sold the car to do this project. I built and dynoed a 440 back in september, nothing special 906 heads, M1, quench pistons, stock steel crank, Comp .474 cam. No tuning on the dyno and we got 425 out of it - this sheet shows 414, but that was a quick pull right after cam break-in.

Anyways acquired all the Schumacher items, mounts, torsion strap and headers, etc. I had a 727 with a 3000 stall, will be using that. You can see I have placed the trans in. I have an aluminum radiator and got it all mounted in.

The front end needed to be rebuilt and I acquired some parts here on FABO and went to Summit for the rest. Waiting for parts to arrive and want to check the new prop valve and tubbing before I put in the engine, easier to get around.

I also have an 8 3/4 laying around so I may use that, still debating at this time, the little 7 1/4 wont last long I suspect. Anyways, I will keep moving forward. But once it is built, will probably sell it, want to do a 70-74 Cuda. Looking for a name, anyone have ideas? Goblin, Bugger and Genie have all been used, so open.

Attachments

• Again side.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 295
  • Welder.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 278
  • Side.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 282
  • Rear-end parts.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 275
  • Headers.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 289
  • Front.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 281
  • Dyno sheet.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 274
  • Brakes on the shelf.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 302
  • Bay.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 282
  • Engine.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 279
Nice build, should go pretty good. You have everything you need to dropthe 440 in.

Titan - I do like Lily, great and your right it does remind me of a Lily pad once you say that.

68, Yes everything, figred instead of collecting dust, might as well put it all on, or they may make a show out of me - Mopar Horder

Got the motor in and disc brake conversion completed, now need to bolt everything together

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 240
  • Engine in.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 247
-
Back