440 butcher job

-
The pain people go through to fit stupid manifolds is beyond me,just use shumacher headers and clean up the mess!

I can see this being a use what you have on hand to do the job. Could it have been done better? Yes. Is it running and driveable? Did it put a smile on his face when he took it out for the first drive? I'll bet it did! Maybe not done to everbodies standards but it is done well enough for the original builder.

Actually he had brand new TTIs. They wouldn’t fit so he phoned the place he got them from. The guy told him u have to cut the pipes to make them fit. He tried cutting them and now they are scrap. Omg

Actually he had brand new TTIs. They wouldn’t fit so he phoned the place he got them from. The guy told him u have to cut the pipes to make them fit. He tried cutting them and now they are scrap. Omg
Damn

Did it put a smile on his face when he took it out for the first drive? I'll bet it did!
Agree 100%!

But I sure hope he isn't so excited that he stumbles on this forum and doesn't spend time lurking first, finding this thread before posting in the Welcome Wagon thread. That'll wipe that smile off real quick.

The B/C passenger side mount is the same in an A so that is a moot point. Other than some wiring, plug wire routing and electrical clean up it doesn't look too bad from down here.

For me it is this kind of car guy with enthusiasm and passion that I can work with. This guy is obviously willing to put in some time. I could help him have it sorted out over a weekend. The problem here is that nobody that knew better stopped him from making some misguided decisions. Do you have pics of the rest of the car?

He used B/C mounts on a spool mount K. I don’t know him or anyone that may have helped him. Sorry no other pics. It is a L code dart sport the looked to be half decent shape. Kim

The B/C passenger side mount is the same in an A so that is a moot point. Other than some wiring, plug wire routing and electrical clean up it doesn't look too bad from down here.

For me it is this kind of car guy with enthusiasm and passion that I can work with. This guy is obviously willing to put in some time. I could help him have it sorted out over a weekend. The problem here is that nobody that knew better stopped him from making some misguided decisions. Do you have pics of the rest of the car?

Agree 100% how else ya gonna learn, no other way than making mistakes.

Here is some pics of the car. He has to have $18,000.00 Canadian.

IMG_1192.jpeg

IMG_1193.jpeg

IMG_1194.jpeg

IMG_1194.jpeg

IMG_1195.jpeg

Picture 1- wires to coil on manifold
2- ignition wires bundles together with a wire clip 3- just looks like some hack wiring and ignition relay not mounted where it should be...

someone call Uncle Tony he can make a video on how much of a hack the guy is...:lol:

2- ignition wires bundles together with a wire clip 3- just looks like some hack wiring and ignition relay not mounted where it should be...

someone call Uncle Tony he can make a video on how much of a hack the guy is...:lol:
We know it but he did the best he could with what he had. The 3 inch drop at the tranny mount really scares me.

Uncle Tiny must have given him the advice to bundle n the ground wire with the plug wires.
I imagine it like...

Dumbass-"WowTony, that's trick"

Uncle toOny- "yeah those Road kill guys got all their zip tie skills from me, cough choke"... takes another puff of his glass pipe..

Looks like He may have ponied up for SSD recommended LED headlamps, so He put some coin into that important part at least.
It may be a cobblers special, but if it runs great & is safe, bless Him!!! Driveshaft angle-smangle, WHOOBBbbbbWHOOBBbbbbWHOOBBbbbb!!!! on the Hi-way, adds character!!!:thankyou:

Not to run it into the ground. Lots of kind words have been spoken. I’m sure some ppl would have liked to be more like u but have kept their thoughts to themselves.
I see..
Well okay..its Saturday nite...I drove 250 miles today...and now its beer o'clock.
A one legged down syndrome deaf blind and dumb cacksocker could have done a big block in an A body better than that was all was sayin.
I'm sorry I didn't get the part where you were thinking people would think it was.. ...'insert whatever you intended here'
aka 'anything other than cannon fodder'

There was a guy who put a big block in a barracuda back in the '80s and he literally used fence pipe and had 90° going through the fender.

that be hot rodding mann

408 with stock heads would run better than both.

-
Back