440 oil pan Id

-
The 187 pan is the one that everyone says fits with these cars and that doesnt look like a 187 pan. The 187 have a notch on the bottom to clear the steering componets. But to answer your question will it if maybe with some tweaking.

That sucks I have a 187 pan but it has no windage tray I would have liked to use this one. Are the windage trays interchangeable?

I dont think the windage trays are oil pan specific. I bought a new one from summit racing and it didnt specify a pan to use it with so I assume it can be interchanged.

I had to trim my 440source 'stock stroke' windage tray to fit my '187' pan, just FYI, some modifications may be necessary for it to fit.

I thought about putting the engine in and bolting it up just to check but wanted too see if anyone knew. The pan has no numbers stamped in it which is odd

Put the 187 pan on today and the windage tray fit perfect! Thanks for all the help guys!

The pic does look like that but it's actually out of a 69 charger, I figured I'd rather be Safe than sorry and threw on the 187 pan with the windage tray from that pan. I don't think the trucks and ramchargers came with a center sump and windage tray, but I could be wrong.

Yes the 187 should fit the bb dart. And as additional info, the trucks and ramchargers use a rear sump pan. The pan pictured above looks like a Hi capacity 6qt B/E body pan , commonly called a hemi pan.

you can put the 187 with windage tray on any rb motor, remember you need 2 pan gaskets and a lot of rtv, I dont like the cork gaskets, also if you stroke the motor you have to have a windage tray for a stroked motor, go to 440 source they have everything you need.

The pan in the picture the OP posted is the 70 -72 Hemi/440HP pan.

-
Back