440 parts

-

ktcnn94

Reaction score
I traded for some 440 parts and I have no idea of their value so any help would be helpful. The parts will be for sale once I find out the value, so please give me a hand here guys. The parts were said to have been at the machine shop and the block ended up needing too much bore so the build was scrapped, I have the heads, pistons w/rods and the crank. The crank looks freshly turned and has a tag that says .010 for the mains and rods. the heads are disassembled but look like they had the seats ground. let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_1639.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1640.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1641.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1642.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1644.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1649.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 98
I can get more pics if necc, also im in 25901 if anyone is interested in shipping, I'll tell you now though these parts are HEAVY.

Why scrap? Save it with sleeving it next time around. Never know when the aftermarket
will finally start up repros again...

The 346 castings are similar to the 452 and have potential. Many will say chunk them and go aluminum but that is just not in the budget for many and really not necessary for a good strong street engine or mild bracket application. Nice forged crank and are those LY rods?

I didn't scrap it, the guy I got the parts from was the culprit of the scrapping, I just happened to run across the parts and done some dealing with him I figured they had to be worth something. Anyway what's the value anybody can put on the stuff. I would be interested in selling or trading for small block stuff, trans stuff, rear end stuff etc. but unless your willing to foot the shipping we'd need to be within driving distance of each other cause this mess is heavy.

The heads have been partially done looks like. But I'd still value them as open chamber cores - $10/pr, maybe a little more because of the unleaded seats that were installed earlier. (BTW, the 346 head is a decent head for porting) Rods are not worth much especially with the pistons still hung on them - maybe $40/set. The star would be the crank. A forged crank, turned .010/.010 is worth $250 all day long.

I'd say the heads are worth $100 to $200 all cleaned up and hard exhaust seats installed. Not that I am in the market.

-
Back