440 Six Pak

-

poppopmadman

Reaction score
I am building this beast! - Anyone dealt with Six Pak on Blower - looking at refreshing and getting info on Jet sizes.

SixPak 012x.jpg

Do those carbs really flow enough for a blown big block? I thought total they only flowed around 900 cfm...?

well i'd say it needs to run rich, real rich and all the carbs need to open at the same time or it will melt itself down. they should be the biggest 2 barrels you can find.

Looks cool. But I'd be looking at running dual 4s that are tuned for the blower. Or send those out to be seriously re-worked for it.

I remember reading in a car mag years ago that they took the jets OUT, on a blown motor! But, it was a magazine. Not known for great advice.
I agree, they should be rich, though. Sorry I'm not much help.

But as far as cfm ratings, this is from Mike Urich's HP book: One and two bbls are rated at 3" HG. Four bbls are rated at 1 1/2" HG. To convert cfm rating of a carb that was rated at 1 1/2" to 3" HG, multiply flow rating by 1.4. For the opposite, divide by 1.4.

I don't have any advice, but it does look rocken:rock:
where can I get some 440 valve covers like yours?

I don't know the first thing about this, and it looks like you might have the smarts and ability- so my first thought was making 2 4s look like a six pak?

I can't really help you in regards to the 6 pack setup but I do know that Holley style blower carbs with power valves are set up to reference manifold /vacuum pressure, not the plenum below the carbs. They can be plugged and drilled at home for a vacuum tap or blower specific metering blocks can be purchased from or possibly QuickFuel.

I hope this post was of some help and will steer you in the right direction.

Promax - I am waiting to see what they can do.... They have a new base and might be able to get me in the park - I wil Dyno motor for setup with OLD headers - I have real nice TTI's that I dont wont to ruin

I have a friend of mine that ran a 440 in a 72 roadrunner with a 6-71 blower with a six pack. He ran it that way for several years with no problems. I would get you some pictures , but at the present time he has the motor out abd is building a different engine. The set up worked well for him, but i don't know what jets he ran. Sorry I could not be of more help. Matt

-
Back