440 small block

-

wireweld

Reaction score
Will my eddy heads be able to flow enough to handle a 440 small block. They are cnc ported and flow about 295 and 199 w the 2.02. I would go to the 2.08 if that would help. I would like to get 650 hp out of this motor. All advice is appreciated.

IMO... nope. You need something like the 360-1 Indys, preferrably CNC'd.

No, I don't think ported eddys will work for that many cubes or at that power level. Are you set on 650 hp or did you have an ET in mind...just curious because some folks think they need WAY more power than they actually need to run a certain number. Your best bet with that many cubes would be some Indy 360-1 heads (ported of course).

yup your right about having to use the INDY 360-1 heads. price isn't to bad either.. 360-1pkg includes everything from the intake to the
head gasket for around $3600. add nutter grand to CNC port them. worth it IMO.
another good head would be the B1 BA cyl.head. outta the box it flows 270cfm and ported 305cfm.
those are really the only heads for 400+ inch smallblocks.

The B1s were going to be my next suggestion, but the costs exceed the Indys by a bit to get them on a car and running.

Problem with the BA head is it's not much better than an Edelbrock when compared to each other in ported form.
The engine in my post used Indy heads, and had we started with the 210 runner or the -1 heads and filled them I think we would have made alot more avg. power.
I would have liked to use a 4.25 crank and keep the bore around 4.125 or so. But that's the way it goes....

Problem with the BA head is it's not much better than an Edelbrock when compared to each other in ported form.
The engine in my post used Indy heads, and had we started with the 210 runner or the -1 heads and filled them I think we would have made alot more avg. power.
I would have liked to use a 4.25 crank and keep the bore around 4.125 or so. But that's the way it goes....
what length rod with that 4.25 stroke?

-
Back