440 stealth heads.

-

Pascamp

Reaction score
I realize that with many aftermarket parts things change over the course of time. Has anyone purchased a pair of stealth heads lately? And if so, what was the OOTB condition?

A general "they suck, buy trick flows" doesn't really tell me much. If you had problems, what needed correcting? This is basically going to be a replacement head for a stockish build. It doesn't warrant $2,000+ heads, nor do I have much interest in dumping money into the stock heads. Thanks

Just over 2yrs on mine. No issues, a few thousand miles on the engine. All surfaces were true, valve stem heights were even ( intake and exhaust ) ... I disassembled, cleaned and lapped the valves . Mild cam in my .030 over 383

20170731_145231.jpg

I have purchased 2 pairs of these heads. Both were disassembled and checked out fine

Our local porter who's known nation wide says they are excellent castings. Says the same about a lot of the import aluminum heads. Says they can stand cleaning up a little but the casting itself is really good.

Thanks guys. I don't mind lapping and chasing threads, but I have no interest in machining spring pockets, shaft bosses, or replacing seats and guides.

Yeah, I had mine checked out too from a retired head shop guy. He said that the springs were very good ,changed the locks and retainers to 10* and cleaned up the valve seat margins that was too thin to his liking. No major work needed.

I bought a couple of sets years ago and they checked out fine. Very early on the had an issue where some of them cracked but they addressed that issue and several guys received new heads in exchange. The sets I had on my flowbench maxed out around 267cfm which would take a lot of porting on a stock head. I ported the ones I had and they were easily flowing slightly over 300 cfm. Pretty hard to beat for the price.

They’re usually in the 260/[email protected] cfm range ootb.

Recut the seats and blend the bowls gets them into the 280/200 range.

You have to work over a stock head pretty hard to get 280 out of an intake port.

One of my customers just dynoed a 493 with a set that had a little more done to the intake ports(290cfm).
6bbl, headers, solid cam, pump gas...... 625tq/580hp.
The cam was set up for ex manifolds(that’s what will be used in the car), so there was some power left on the table.

I bought a set back in 2008/09 and haven't had any issues. Great head for the money for a stock/mild build.

-
Back