440source soon to be offering old school rockers

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t expecting to see this post today. This may be a nice offering for the big block guys.

B0BA6255-840D-484F-A23B-E469C904FF05.jpeg

F9204666-5A5B-45AA-8783-F1D04040527A.jpeg

It's about time someone reproduced these.
I also wonder if the quality is as good as they look...

Nice to see this, I was ready to purchase another set of Comp Pro rockers.

Thanks for posting.

**** I'll buy a set of these for a future street ripper big block Dakota r/t project

Heck, the stock ones didn’t come with bearings or bushings and worked just fine.
That's because they came with nanner groove shafts. The failures you see most often are with those rockers put on hydraulic shafts with no nanner grooves AND they also have too much spring pressure. Put those two together and they'll burn up every time. Used how Chrysler designed them and they're dang near indestructible. Especially when they are modded to accept high quality adjusters, like those Mancini rocker arms posted up there ^^^^ those are nice.

That's because they came with nanner groove shafts. The failures you see most often are with those rockers put on hydraulic shafts with no nanner grooves AND they also have too much spring pressure. Put those two together and they'll burn up every time. Used how Chrysler designed them and they're dang near indestructible. Especially when they are modded to accept high quality adjusters, like those Mancini rocker arms posted up there ^^^^ those are nice.
I have been running ductile rockers on my W2 small blocks for well over 25 years with never a problem only replaced one adjuster at one point.

Nice, I just got a set of max wedge rockers but to buy a 440 set to have extra on the shelf would be great.

-
Back