451 motor

-
it's all in what your wallet will allow. i did a stock block 512 with 3 stages of nos and it lasted about year. broke just where the fellow said they do. so me in my infinite wisdom bought a mega block, after 6 runs a rod decided to take the easy way out. i had to toss it out, no good to me anymore. i then purchased a kb stg 10. no problems yet, but i can aleast fix it it need be. point i'm trying to make is buy what you can afford and go racing. most times it'll work out for you.

it's all in what your wallet will allow. i did a stock block 512 with 3 stages of nos and it lasted about year. broke just where the fellow said they do. so me in my infinite wisdom bought a mega block, after 6 runs a rod decided to take the easy way out. i had to toss it out, no good to me anymore. i then purchased a kb stg 10. no problems yet, but i can aleast fix it it need be. point i'm trying to make is buy what you can afford and go racing. most times it'll work out for you.
I agree...that's why I mentioned or should have mentioned If your going to spend the money on a aftermarket block an aluminum one is the way to go IMO...that's the reason I no longer run the mega block is for fear of having 4 or 5 dollars worth of scrap iron if something bad happened...that & when I sold mine they were not available...that's when I went to the current combination I have today...Aluminum Indy block 540 CI

-
Back