133 top hose into rad
138 hose out of neck
112 bottom hose out of rad

12 mins
Gauge still not 180

22 mins
Gauge 190

#1 header 800

Turn it off and do a 10 min cooldown with e-fans running, gonna get the numbers anyway just for the heck of it

Gauge 170

#1 header 141

at this point I would think/hope that while moving I will likely only see temps around 200, none of that 230 to 240 stuff when I brought it home

I'll see if I can take it out later

Another day another test

Nice clean rad
Upper hose shortened and filter added
1.5" spacer on the fan
New water pump, with a gasket, none of that RTV stuff
Flushed as much out of the engine as possible

View attachment 1716119725

Today's temp
30, 35 with humidity (maybe 90f)

2 mins after starting

133 top hose into rad
138 hose out of neck
112 bottom hose out of rad

12 mins
Gauge still not 180

22 mins
Gauge 190

#1 header 800

Turn it off and do a 10 min cooldown with e-fans running, gonna get the numbers anyway just for the heck of it

Gauge 170

#1 header 141

at this point I would think/hope that while moving I will likely only see temps around 200, none of that 230 to 240 stuff when I brought it home

I'll see if I can take it out later
Are those temperatures with the hood opened or closed? If they're with it open, close the hood and see if it gets worse, I'll bet it does. If so then try stuffing a couple of towels in between the hood and the rad support. Should be better.

Are those temperatures with the hood opened or closed? If they're with it open, close the hood and see if it gets worse, I'll bet it does. If so then try stuffing a couple of towels in between the hood and the rad support. Should be better.
It's with the hood off, but good idea, I'll give it a try as it's easy to pull it off and put it back on. Thanks!

Took it out last night, 20 min drive on city streets to a show. It was about 25 (75 or 80f) and the gauge didn't go much past 180 while moving. It creeped up to around 190 when stopped, and those miserysauga lights can stay red for close to 2 minutes.

I haven't managed test the hose temps with the hood on yet, but I got a fan shroud on the way and a rigid fan as well.

Right now I would say it's sorted, but if we see any more 30c weather I'll run some more tests with the shroud etc...

Thanks everyone, fingers crossed it makes it through the summer.

Took it out last night, 20 min drive on city streets to a show. It was about 25 (75 or 80f) and the gauge didn't go much past 180 while moving. It creeped up to around 190 when stopped, and those miserysauga lights can stay red for close to 2 minutes.

I haven't managed test the hose temps with the hood on yet, but I got a fan shroud on the way and a rigid fan as well.

Right now I would say it's sorted, but if we see any more 30c weather I'll run some more tests with the shroud etc...

Thanks everyone, fingers crossed it makes it through the summer.

Thanks for reporting the results.
Curious about the up and down hose temps now.
Hope you get lotsa miles, and lotsa smiles .
Cheers

Quick update, while the front suspension is in pieces.

It's been driving on city streets at 180
Stop lights reaches 190
And on the highway it dips towards 175

I haven't been able to get a shroud on the rad yet, as I've trying to figure out how to get a sway bar on without having to change the oil pan.

Quick update, while the front suspension is in pieces.

It's been driving on city streets at 180
Stop lights reaches 190
And on the highway it dips towards 175

I haven't been able to get a shroud on the rad yet, as I've trying to figure out how to get a sway bar on without having to change the oil pan.
Why don't you put a factory sway bar on it?

0720171814.jpg

0720171603.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

Not enough space end to end where the factory bar should mount either....

Wrong sway bar
might be able to get one for a later model year on, but that's a different subject ;)

-
Back