471 side stickers Duster

-

Miszny

Reaction score
Hi

Wanted to make 471 stickers for sides of my Duster.
Made my own project that you can see here.

Please post comments what do you think about it.
I'm not sure about the shape of "7" here.
Also would be great to get the exact size that such sticker should have.

Had 440s on my Duster but since there is no such motor in my car decided to get rid of them(I have 400 block).
Now it seems that something is missing so decided to put something there... :-k

Also if any of you guys can cut black matt stickers like that, please PM me. I have vector graphics with these.

Thanks for all comments.

Attachments

• 471.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 375
to be honest, the font doesn't quite work for me (maybe it should be a 'sans serif' font). And something a little more rounded.
Sorry:-|

I could make them if I had some matte vinyl, but I only have gloss...

I would say contact Challenger Gary about them- he makes them up all the time (I've also seen pics of custom callouts he's made for other people) and he has the correct vinyl, and knows the fonts to use that look the best. And he'd know the best size to match the factory look...

Thanks for good comment. This is why I posted, as am not sure about these eiter.
I can round each digit easily as these are vector graphics, no problem here. Wanted "connected" digits but it seems to look strange in case of 471...
May just go with 400 to match the block in the end, but don't want to give up on 471 sticker just yet.
Would be nice to do something styled like this:

Attachments

• 71_Upper.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 381
What I did fits 73 style... This type of 440 sticker was on my car.

Attachments

• 73_Upper.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 372
Linked version just done... looks strange :-|

Attachments

• smooth471.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 321
Yeah, the legs on the 7 and the 1 have single legs so the connectors have to be too long.
Also the natural forward slant of the 7 throws of the other two numbers when they are back slanted and on the other side, the slant of the 7 exaggerates itself compared to the others when they are also forward slanted. You kind of need to independently adjust the angle of the 7's down leg to get it to look natural compared to the others. That's a tough set of numbers to slant and connect. Be interested to see what you come up with.

New ones... bit better looking, still not sure about these.

Attachments

• 471c.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 293
  • 471d.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 306
A bit talking to myself here... but here are both sides in last version with photoshop simulation on the car... not sure if this is it but have no new ideas.

Attachments

• 471_b_sides_linked_2.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 295
  • side 471.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 278
  • car 004 zoom.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 260
I think it looks pretty good. Could you do it with out them connected? Just to see the comparison?

Is that your car? If so, I like it

yep. I like that font better- let's see it without the connectors...

edit- I went ahead and removed the connectors- I like it...

2exshw6.jpg

I think I'm gonna cut out a few versions, stick them on the car and see which one looks the best...
On 71 car it should be linked to get period correct effect and this why I did this version.
Thank you for feedback and yep car is mine.

-
Back