4bl install

-

Hankrebel

Reaction score
71 Swinger with AC
I have most of what I need to complete the install of a Eddy performer intake and Eddy 4bl 1403.
I even have the throttle cable adapter, but may need something for the kickdown linkage.

My main question, because of the compressor will I need to unbolt it and slide out of the way or totally remove it to be able to get the intake in.
Looking at the current intake, the water neck is pretty tight behind the compressor.

Sometimes I wish I had a non AC car....

Pull the mounting bolts and get it out of your way, as it'll be well worth it when you get into installing that intake.

JMO

Do you have to disconnect everything or unbolt it and slide it over?
The AC is working now, but I dont know if its electrical or vacuum problem.

I wouldn't disconnect everything just undo the bracket and move it out of the way.

good luck!

If you take out the top bracket bolts, loosening the bottom bracket bolts,, it'll flop forward out of the way..

No need to disconnect hoses etc..

when I installed my weiand intake I had to grind down the water neck just a little bit to make room for that one compressor bolt

If your system has a full charge of R-12, you should take great pains to keep the AC system closed. The compressor should be able to move forward and down enough to get the intake off.

Has the original timing chain and sprocket been replaced?

C130 Chief It has not that I know of.... I have a double roller chain already but need a new socket.
I havent planned on changing it but think about it more and more.

-
Back