5.7 Hemi instal question

-

Robzilla

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 5.7 hemi out of a wrecked 4X4 pick-up that he is putting into a 33 Plymouth. The question I have is, does anyone know if there is anything that needs to be done to the factory computer to make his 2 wheel drive transmission work? He has all the wiring and computer that came out of the wrecked 4X4. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

I would assume the trans is from the same year of vehicle and has most if not all of the electronics?
I ran my 2008 Mega Cab for some time without the 4x4/2x4 switch. I would think it would be the same. Just don't put the switch in!
Is he using the cluster and all the other electronics?

Is he using a 727, or a 545RFE from a 2wd Dodge truck? Unless he is using every single part of the wiring and electrical stuff from the wrecked 4x4 truck, I think he will have to send the computer to Hotwire Auto and get it reflashed. They will need the VIN of the 4x4 truck to remove all the security stuff from the computer.

robzilla post the same thing over in the new hemi forum along with the year truck the donor stuff is coming out of. The year is important to know which computer he is dealing with.

Toplscuda thanks, I will get the info and post it in the hemi forum.

-
Back