5.7 throttle set up

-

cudadan

Reaction score
Im doin an a500 trans for my hemi swap in my 74 cuda... I wanna use the kickdown set up from lokar.. I see guys usi g the bell crank set up. From an 03ram..my question is how does this all hook up? Any pix would be great. Goin with ahotwire auto harness.... I didnt wanna use the 545 cuz i didnt wanna cut most of the tunnel out.. Thx

I don't really know, but I can make a guess.

My hemi is gonna use the FAST setup with a mech TB. I just got all my cables, so I can give you how the lokar set up works. As far as that ram box and how it works, I don't know.

The cable routes from the back, mounting at the trans tailshaft. It pulls the kick down arm back, instead of pushing it like factory. So basically the kickdown cable needs to be pulled at the box/interchange. If its not set up to do so, it wouldn't be hard to build a lower "arm" to pull the cable.

Is that what you mean?

Joe

If you haven't got your hotwire harness yet you could also get it through Modern muscle (they get theirs from hotwire but will match prices) . They can help with technical questions as they do hemi installs.
I am in the process of two E-body (challengers) hemi installs myself, except I am using manual trans in both.

If you haven't got your hotwire harness yet you could also get it through Modern muscle (they get theirs from hotwire but will match prices) . They can help with technical questions as they do hemi installs.
I am in the process of two E-body (challengers) hemi installs myself, except I am using manual trans in both.
how far along are u in the builds?.. I been deeli g with chris from hotwire the past few weeks.. Been asking him a ton of questions. Hes been super helpful so far with answering everything. So far... The throttle will be the next thing u bug him with hahahah.. Cant wait to get started.. Just a few wks away

I am doing sheet metal work. Working on setting gaps on the quarters and trunk. It will have a 2013 5.7 using hotwire setup and a Keisler 5 speed setup. As soon as I weld up the back it will get the engine/trans mocked up for everything , then put back on the rotisserie .
This is a shop project and the other is mine , it will get a 6.1 / t56 combo.
Both are 1974 that are getting switched to 1970 tribute/clone, we just like the looks of the 70 grill/ tail panels.

Thats gonna be sweet.. Im just about ready to paint a 68 Mustang within a wk or so, then im starting my swap.. My car is all done. Just gotta swap the motor... What will u be doin for fuel lines and fittings?

We decided to use nylon like oem. You can get flexible for bends and will use the factory style ends available through Dorman.
Bought a tool from Dorman like in this kit to press them on :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjlGJhZ8UqE"]Dorman Fuel Line Repair Kit and Replacement System - YouTube[/ame]

Good luck with your build, sounds cool .

-
Back