-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironmike

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I need EVERYTHING to convert my 71 Demons rear brakes to the big bolt pattern. Looking for everything except axles in good working condition. Bolt on and go.

Just got tired of trying to piece it all together. No time for that.

Contact 340man, I think he has what you're looking for in 11" drums. I was considering buying them but passed to keep mine all small bolt pattern. I think he still has an ad in the for sale section under brakes.

I need EVERYTHING to convert my 71 Demons rear brakes to the big bolt pattern. Looking for everything except axles in good working condition. Bolt on and go.

Just got tired of trying to piece it all together. No time for that.

You may already be aware of this but just in case let me share some of my personal experience having done this several times. If you have your small bolt axles redrilled the only real option is to redrill and reuse your drums and backing plates. If you are using cut and resplined or aftermarket axles designeed for use with B,E,C body backing plates and brakes then you will need the backing plates and drums from that body style.
The brake pad width and backing plate offest is different on the small bolt pattern stuff.
Hope this helps If you already knew this sorry to bore you with it.
Kenny

You may already be aware of this but just in case let me share some of my personal experience having done this several times. If you have your small bolt axles redrilled the only real option is to redrill and reuse your drums and backing plates. If you are using cut and resplined or aftermarket axles designeed for use with B,E,C body backing plates and brakes then you will need the backing plates and drums from that body style.
The brake pad width and backing plate offest is different on the small bolt pattern stuff.
Hope this helps If you already knew this sorry to bore you with it.
Kenny
Thanks for the info. I'm not re-drilling anything. Trying to find all a body stuff. Found a guy on EBay. $530 including shipping.. seems high to me.

What rear end do you have, 7 1/4 or 8 3/4? As far as I know the only way to get BBP on the 7 1/4 is to redrill the axle flange and drum, or swap the complete rear axle assy to the later BBP rear.

If you buy after market axles 4 1/2 BP. you will need all big bolt parts such as drums, backing plates, Brake hardware and shoes. A-body parts will not work. Except for Adjusters and tension springs.

if it is an 8 3/4 diff STOP..... Call DR DIFF..... he will hook you up with everything you need ... you do not want to make a mistake with getting incorrect axles , drum etc.... simple and easy ...

if it is an 8 3/4 diff STOP..... Call DR DIFF..... he will hook you up with everything you need ... you do not want to make a mistake with getting incorrect axles , drum etc.... simple and easy ...
It is an 8 3/4, but he told me he didn't have the conversion stuff any longer.

Then locate a 76-78 volare or aspen and it will have everything you need to make the conversion .... that is what i used

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back