/6 727 to smallblock 727

-

chrissock

Reaction score
Is a /6 727 the same length as a small block 727? I have a /6 727 in a 71 Dart swinger. Swapping to an 8 3/4 A body rear and a small block. I want to put the rear in now for the bolt pattern. I know I will have to cut drive shaft. But would rather not do it twice. so if I do it now with the /6 can I reuse the drive shaft when I do the swap and use a small block 727?

whoa there big guy. maybe only if the swinger has a 8 3/4 in it now. measure from the center line of each rear to the center of the yoke(where the caps bolt on)see if they are the same.

If you are swapping to a 8.75 rear axel the distance from the c/l of the axelshaft and the c/l of the 7.25 rear are different. Therefore a shorter driveshaft is in order. The tailshaft of the 727 is 18 3/8" for /6 and v8. Sounds like a smart swap, good luck.

Thanks! I know the drive shaft is shorter when I do the 8 3/4. But now i can go ahead and get the drive shaft done and its done.

\6 727? You sure you don't have a 904? Never heard of \6 727

According to the window sticker it was an option that was selected when the car was bought. I phisically have not looked at it to hard but I will confirm.

I parted out a 71 Valiant 4 door sedan I got from the original owner. He wanted everything heavy duty so he could haul a trailer but with economy. So he said he ordered the car with a slant, a 727, 8.75 with 3.23 SG, and HD suspension. 727's behind slants are out there.

-
Back