6. Cylinder duster is now a 340 ignition issues wants to start when you let up on the key

-
So after looking at the wiring from the ant meter and the dash, it looks like the red wire comes through the center bulkhead connector and goes to fusible link to the starter relay and the other wire from the ant meter goes through the bulkhead as a brown wire that goes to the alternator or the junction of few wires that go to the alternator. Does that sound correct

So after looking at the wiring from the ant meter and the dash, it looks like the red wire comes through the center bulkhead connector and goes to fusible link to the starter relay and the other wire from the ant meter goes through the bulkhead as a brown wire that goes to the alternator or the junction of few wires that go to the alternator. Does that sound correct
They go through a rubber grommet or make a connection at the multiconnector?

They go through a rubber grommet or make a connection at the multiconnector?
ammeter ci-5
amp meter conn.jpg

Yes.
Trying to figure out what he's finding on the car.

It seems like it may have the '65 Amp' alternator wiring.
A1F and R6E through a grommet on the firewall.

So according to the connector drawing you just posted, then A1D is capped or removed, but R6D probably was left in place.

On the engine side 8 gage Brown should be Heavy Duty (65 A) alternator wiring

Should be two wires at the alternator Batt terminal. One is the 8 ga Brown to the ammeter and the other is 10 ga black to junction with the fusible link.

I figured it out mine had a black wire with a yellow tracer and a red wire coming off the back of the amp meter and it went through the bulkhead connector and the one has a fusible link that goes over to the starter relay and the other one goes over to the alternator where they're splics together from the factory. My alternator meter must not be any good. It doesn't work

mine had a black wire with a yellow tracer
There is no wire with yellow trace showing in the FSM
red wire coming off the back of the amp meter and it went through the bulkhead connector
That would be a standard wiring.
the one has a fusible link that goes over to the starter relay
Either way there is a fusib;le link on the battery wire.
Post some pictures.

the other one goes over to the alternator where they're splics together from the factory.
What is spliced together?
My alternator meter must not be any good

The car starts and runs. Yes?
The questions then are:
a. whether current is flowing through the meter (someone could have bypassed it)
b. If not, then is needle not reacting to the electromagnetic field.

ps. Horizontal pics won't get shrunk as much as verticle ones

Last edited:
With everyone's input and help I've got it all figured out. She starts runs charges. My amp meter in the dash just isn't working. Everything seems to be in the proper place so I appreciate all the help. Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
With everyone's input and help I've got it all figured out. She starts runs charges. My amp meter in the dash just isn't working. Everything seems to be in the proper place so I appreciate all the help. Thanks again everyone!
Here is an update. I took the dash back out. Replaced all the bulbs. Took the ant meter out and noticed that it wouldn't move. I found that the little needle that moves sweeps back and forth had somehow come out of its holder. I carefully put it back in the little divot in the holder and it works perfect. Thanks again!

Here is an update. I took the dash back out. Replaced all the bulbs. Took the ant meter out and noticed that it wouldn't move. I found that the little needle that moves sweeps back and forth had somehow come out of its holder. I carefully put it back in the little divot in the holder and it works perfect. Thanks again!
65 amp connect with grommet

a.jpg

That is correct. Now I just have to find a fusible link like that above. Am I correct in thinking that if it's a 10 gauge wire you need a 14 gauge fusible link. And I thought I read somewhere that a fusible link should be no longer than 9 in. Is that correct?

I do not know, look close shows in circuit A1F 10 R to linkA1E 16 DBL.16 is wire guage How many fuse links to starter relay one or two and cavity z in bulk head whats in there

One it had one on it like you have shown in a diagram. It come out of the bulkhead connector and had a plastic connector that went to another longer piece of red wire that went to the relay

I do not know, look close shows in circuit A1F 10 R to linkA1E 16 DBL.16 is wire guage How many fuse links to starter relay one or two and cavity z in bulk head whats in there
Do you know where to purchase one for the duster? I need to have the part that comes out of the bulkhead over to the starter relay

-
Back