/6 ignition question.

-

68_Fastback

Reaction score
Alright so when I bought my car the distributor was missing and I felt like trying to see if it would run on the cheap so headed down to pick a part yesterday. Found a 4 door dart with an electronic ignition so I took the ballast ignition box distributor and all the wiring. (Also got a nice windshield washer jug with pump for my dad's car). Everything cost $32 bucks. Today I pulled the cap off the distributor for a look inside, found it has a pertronix ignitor. So my question is what all will I need now to hook up all this mess I just grabbed. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20140831_112713.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 119
That will/ should just hook up to the factory mag pick up location coming off the Chrysler box.

Just under the "T" on the box is the factory mag pick two wires and plug.

81238ED7-D9D0-4A34-B221-3E79DF76915A-60-000001470740D293_zps0d0ec1d5.jpg

That will/ should just hook up to the factory mag pick up location coming off the Chrysler box.

Just under the "T" on the box is the factory mag pick two wires and plug.

Sorry, no, incorrect.

Pertronix REPLACES the mopar box and under NO CONDITIONS will it work with a Mopar ECU

To the OP..........Pertronix replaces breaker points, therefore, the distirbutor you showed was originally a breaker points distributor.

Dave, "KitCarlson" is correct

Yeah I have a pertronix unit, and it just goes from ballast to coil. Nothing else. Mine's worked fine for 2 years. Good score for $30.

-
Back