/6 Polyurethane Mounts

-

banzaibullitt

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone make polyurethane engine and trans mounts for a '68 Barracuda slant 6 with a 904 trans??

Left-side engine mount is this one. Trans mount is this one (outta stock; who knows when back). Right-side engine mount isn't available in polyurethane, TTBOMK.

Make sure you really need and really want polyurethane mounts before you buy—if you're doing this because it just sounds like a neat idea, you might want to rethink it.

I had a client that wanted poly bushing on his jag everywhere , and then had me put them back to rubber
was way to stiff and hated it cause he drove in on the street and felt every crack
and they get squeaky
for the past few years been using superpro bushing , but they don't make for mopars , but there couple and better than rubber

I agree with Dan. They can transmit more engine vibration. Some people it bothers and others don't care.

I think a lot of it depends on just how tight and well balanced your assembly is I run solid motor mounts on my 340 with poly tranny mount I can feel a little buzz on the gear shift but I felt much more vibration in all rubber mounted vehicles that were poorly balanced or had other things going on.

Had the poly engine mounts on a 64 dart and went back to rubber. They caused a noticeable buzz several places at high idle and it was easier to swap them than chase noises

-
Back