63 Valiant dash pad & rear window seal??

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks any way I can get a pic. of a dash, mine has the same valure material as the seats that are not stock as fare as the rear window seal I'm waiting to talk to Jim at collectorsautosopply.com they seem to have a lot of hard to find parts & are very helpful a bit high end though. So fare the only lead on the rear window rubber they told me there is a outfit in Australia that makes them but it will cost around $350.00 to $400.00 owe! Please let me know for sure about the dash before I go and start ripping the old one out.

BIG THANKS!!!

the dash pads were an option. mine is missing also. i like the all steel look, so i will probably weld up the holes when i paint the interior.

So I'm assuming that all I need to do is unbolt the top of the dash (it should be easy the front window is out) disconnect the defrost vents & get to eather screws or bolts on the underside of the dash to remove it?

Thanks!

Does anybody out there have a these doing a restore?

Thanks Jeff
I had my 64 Dart dash pad restored by Just Dashes. Same as your car I believe. I think it was close to $400. when i did mine. Jayson

here is the dash in my 63. you can see the holes for the pad. and here is the pad in the 65 cuda i use to own. same style. i think i will just weld up the holes on the 63 dash because i like the all metal look. hope this helps

P7252258.jpg

cuda7.jpg

Thanks Slantscamp I,m still in the proses of sanding & priming. So according to the pics the dash pad unbolts from behind. I like the metal look!

Cheers Jeff

Thanks slantscamp I'm still in the process of sanding & priming. So according to the pics the dash pad comes off by unbolting from behind the dash. I like the metal look.

Cheers Jeff

Saw this old post re: dash pads. My '63 has the holes where the original pad was installed, but I can't seem to find anyone who specifically makes a reproduction pad for the 63. Anyone know where I can find one or are other models/years interchangeable?

I think 63 to 66 valiant and maybe dart will check my parts book tonight to see if dart is the same. Also no one repop these.

Brian

Thanks Brian. Appreciate any information you have about interchangeable makes/models.

63-65 valiant 64-65 cuda and 63-64 dart all share the same pad with the depressed center. All 63-66 pads will work but the exterior style changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back