63 valiant throttle linkage.

-

slantscamp

Reaction score
hey guys. im starting to order the parts for my slant six build. i want to go with a 4 barrel intake. my question is, my 63 valiant doesnt have a throttle cable, its linkage. do i need to convert the throttle and kickdown to a cable setup or can i use the origional setup. thanks.

thanks memike. what do ya think of my 63?

P7191394.jpg

Looks real good you lucky dog you got a wagon.:cheers:

She looks solid from what I can see. more pictures Please!!

it is an automatic with push button? witch motor is in it? 170,198.or 225.

Love them early A wagon's congrat's :cheers:

according to the number i pulled off the block, its a 225. i pulled it out sunday. now i need ot get it down to the machine shop. i want to do a mild build. cam, headers, and a 4 barrel intake. i also want to paint the engine bay while the motor is out. oh and a friend is ging to help me rebuil the 904.

nice wagon! Go with an offy 4bbl intake, 390 carb, ERSON CAM,6-2-1 headers, shave a .100 off the head ,high stall torq converter,3:91 gears and have fun!!!!!

All early A bodies used the linkage throttle for slants and a cable for V8s. You will need a cable throttle assembly from a '64-'66 V8 (knew they had to be good for something) if you want to keep your current floor mounted gas pedal. Got mine off the Bag for less than $20. If you can, get the pedal too, it will make everything simpler. You can use the slant pedal if you cut off a protrusion and make the back of the pedal solid. I used a piece of thin plywood I got from the hobby store painted flat black. If you don't want to do all that a '67-'76 Abody or '76-'8? FMJ body throttle assembly can be made to work as well. Hope this helps.

All early A bodies used the linkage throttle for slants and a cable for V8s. You will need a cable throttle assembly from a '64-'66 V8 (knew they had to be good for something) if you want to keep your current floor mounted gas pedal. Got mine off the Bag for less than $20. If you can, get the pedal too, it will make everything simpler. You can use the slant pedal if you cut off a protrusion and make the back of the pedal solid. I used a piece of thin plywood I got from the hobby store painted flat black. If you don't want to do all that a '67-'76 Abody or '76-'8? FMJ body throttle assembly can be made to work as well. Hope this helps.

Thanks again!!! I will use this great info myself :cheers:

All early A bodies used the linkage throttle for slants and a cable for V8s. You will need a cable throttle assembly from a '64-'66 V8 (knew they had to be good for something) if you want to keep your current floor mounted gas pedal.

65/66 Slants with factory A/C also used the V-8 cable set-up as well (different cable of course).

-
Back