63Dart qtr trim

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the quarter top trim off a 65 4 door but it should be the same...if you could measure or take a pic of the area it goes we can probably confirm. I have both sides and would like to sell them together $ 45 plus shipping....I may or may not have clips, I'll have to check.....

I am currently removing most of the trim off of my 63 V200 2 dr to do the body work and am not going to be reinstalling them (like the smoother look) so will be selling all after I get it taken off. ETR 2 wks. So if you do not get off of GTGrinly shoot me a PM.:usa2:

There is a 63 Dart GT in a scrapyard by my house that I stopped and inquired about yesterday, mostly because I have seen a few looking for posts about that year Dart here on FABO. It has all of the GT upper trim still intact and on it as well as a variety of other good parts on it. If I can get enough interest in some of the parts on this car, I will buy the entire car and bring it home to part out. Just to verify, are you looking for the upper quarter trim? The trim on this car has 2 runners that go from front to back. They meet in the front at a point and terminate at the back roughly the same way. Inside the 2 pieces of trim the area is painted. The trim is about 2 inches apart. Does this sound like the trim you are looking for? Let me know, and let me know if you have any interest in anything else from this car. It has buckets, a V8 and all of the other outside trim. Thanks, Geof

i am looking for the left side top of the quarter panel trim on a 63 Dart 2dr sedan. let me know what you have.
Thanks, Bill

Bill,
I drive a '63 Dart GT convert..are you looking for the top of rear fender quarter trim stainless or side stainless ? Wasn't quite sure ? Would you have any knowledge of a complete donor convertible car for '63 - '66 ? I'm looking for the L&R rear outer corners of the topwell surround (snap strip) stainless. These pcs are chrome plated potmetal rear outer corners which join the top of rear fender (quarter) to the topwell surround stainless. Mopar calls 'Cover'.
P/N 2424116 & 117 if you have them give a price..if knowledge of donor car can you help with phone number & business name & location or persons name? I'll try to return the favor on FABO site. BILL-Cols,OH [email protected]

There is a 63 Dart GT in a scrapyard by my house and inquired about yesterday, mostly because I have seen a few looking for posts about that year Dart here on FABO. It has all of the GT upper trim still intact and on it as well as a variety of other good parts on it. If I can get enough interest in some of the parts on this car, I will buy the entire car and bring it home to part out. Just to verify, are you looking for the upper quarter trim? The trim on this car has 2 runners that go from front to back. They meet in the front at a point and terminate at the back roughly the same way. Inside the 2 pieces of trim the area is painted. The trim is about 2 inches apart. Does this sound like the trim you are looking for? Let me know, and let me know if you have any interest in anything else from this car. It has buckets, a V8 and all of the other outside trim. Thanks, Geof
Goef, Thanks for the comeback. Parts I need will ONLY be from a '63-'66 model Dart CONVERTIBLE (either 270 or GT) NO HT models. What you've come across is a '64 Dodge Dart GT. Chrome side trim lays just below the body crease at the belt line. ('63 the trim is mid belt middle of the door & side). '64 models had the split chrome side trim just below the body crease.
'63 Darts had NO V8 available as a OEM option. (certainly someone could have modified the car by adding a V8) finally, a '64 will have heater (tri knobs) controls mounted just under the padded dash & above the radio. '63 Darts had heat controls mounted on a panel hanging below the dash and below where the radio is mounted too. IF YOU'VE COME ACROSS IS A CONVERTIBLE & IT STILL HAS THE REAR OUTER CORNERS OF THE TOPWELL SURROUND (WHERE THE TOP OF THE REAR FENDER STAINLESS TRIM MEETS THE TOPWELL SURROUND STAINLESS) THE PCS I SEEK ARE CHROME PLATED POTMETAL & JOIN THE (TOP OF REAR FENDER) STAINLESS TO THE TOPWELL STAINLESS. MOPAR CALLS 'COVER'. I F THIS CAR IS A CONVERTIBLE & HAS THESE L&R POTMETAL PCS, C A L L ME IMMEDIATELY & PROVIDE ME WITH A PRICE & DESCRIPTION AS COMPLETE AS POSSIBLE OF THESE PIECES ALONG WITH PHOTOS OF EACH SIDE (REAR OUTER CORNERS OF THE TOPWELL SURROUND-SOMETIMES CALLED 'SNAP STRIP') (E-MAIL THE PHOTOS TO: [email protected]) IF THE CAR IS NOT A 'D A R T' CAR, OR IF IT IS A H.T. MODEL, THESE PCS WILL NOT BE FOUND. VALIANT CONVERTIBLES ALSO DO NOT HAVE THESE PCS.
Thanks so much for chiming in to let me know about the donor car you're aware of near your home. I'm anxious to hear back from you about what you'll find, obviously condition is important, so before you commit to buy anything, let me know 1.) How much 2.) E-mail photos or complete written description by e-mail or call me...(I'll pay you back on the call if you've found a CONVERTIBLE donor car & these parts are still intact & useable.
Thanks again, BILL-Cols,OH (614) 325-8874 [email protected]

here are some pics of what i need, i was wrong. i actually needed the right side trim.
DSC01421.jpg

DSC01420.jpg

DSC01419.jpg

If that piece runs from the rear above the light up to the pillar at the rear window, I think the 65's are the same.

with all do respect we have a piece off of a 64 and it is longer to the union and the profile of the moulding is completely different. it is specific to a 63 dart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back