[SOLD] 64 65 66 valiant,barracuda front kick panels wanted

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of us early A guys could use these-especially the driver's side.
Does anyone repo them? Anyone has any success making a set out of some other material- fiberboard- heavy vinyl?

I'm not quite looking for some, but I would like to know if anyone makes a set out of fiberglass that allows you to mount a speaker in it.

right now. I know of a guy that repops the later model ones (not out of fiberglass though) 1/8 or thicker plastic I think it is. I'm talking with him to do my 66 ones here's the difference in the kick panels with speaker kickouts and without.(mine are pretty grungy and broken on the bottom but you get the pic difference)
here's the later 67 + kickpanel with speaker kickout
View attachment DSCF3719.jpg
here it is matched against my 66 kick panels
View attachment DSCF3720.jpg
and here's the difference with my ugly one laying on top.
View attachment DSCF3721.jpg

and? Is he making them????

he's supposed to. Once I get off my butt and get him the template so he can make a mold. It's me :eek:ops:making the problem right now since I have wayyyyyyy to many irons in the fire. (I have 5 molds in process right now)
I promise that I'll get off my behind and get them to him so he can make them for me to test out. as soon as he does I'll post some pic's of them in the convertible to see if you like em.

Mine are out of my 66 right now for the upholstery work. They are in pretty good condition so I could trace out a template. It would be nice if I could find a way to scan them to a pdf so anybody could just print them out on a big plotter. Most of you would have to go to kinkos or someplace but some of us could use the big plotter at work. :-D

Lets see...make something out of cardboard and put it down where your icy, snowy, dirty greasy boots can trash it and call it a "kick" panel!! who's idea was this anyway??

I'll see if I can put together a good set for you Scotty!! They'll be mis-matched colors, but they'll be the best ones I have!! I'll report back, geof

It would be awesome to have some of these and not just have the crappy single speaker in the dash and in back. I'd make them for myself, but I have no fiberglass experience.

I'm getting them made in plastic so they won't rot again. he's going to do them in regular style(flat) and with a round speaker kick out that looks like the picture in above post(the kick out not the shape. hope fully he'll have a sample for me soon since I just got the pattern (mostly there on mine) anyone got a really good set they could trace and could send the tracing to me? that way I won't have to keep going back to the guy(2 hour drive) and show him where and what to add or subtract.

Mine are out of my 66 right now for the upholstery work. They are in pretty good condition so I could trace out a template. It would be nice if I could find a way to scan them to a pdf so anybody could just print them out on a big plotter. Most of you would have to go to kinkos or someplace but some of us could use the big plotter at work. :-D
hmm I'll pm you

When I ordered my interior from Legendary, I ordered an extra set of back seat side panels for a two door. I plan to cut them down into kick panels. They'll have the carpet on the bottom and the vinyl on top just like the door panels. Luckily I have a spare set of the door chrome strips that go between the carpet and the vinyl. Should look just like the factory should have done it.

if i get o ff my *** i will send you a pattern best thing would be to make them outa paneling or 1/8 inch plywood i will make a set of each side out of card board you can get your insulation and what ever backing you want to make them out of
wow what a crash in nation wide stay in touch

Use an office chair mat, those hard opaque ones. Cut it to size with a razor knife or tin snips or go pro and use a hot knife. test fit them, then cover with black fabric store vinyl over spray trim adhesive. Will outlast the car....

I made mine for my 65 out of .063 aluminum covered back with stick on sound deadener and carpeted cabin side.I used the original plastic channel for door edge and they look great.They were flat except about a 1" bend at bottom about 20degrees

Just a suggestion .....easy project and you can mount speakers in them

Cheers and gears

here's the drivers side buck in progress .. clears the dimmer switch and angles towards the center of the car. it'(not the pattern but the buck was made bigger due to shrinkage and I wanted extra room to trim) was made big . sorry for the confusion over tracing VS pattern I made.
but the tracing that I got from a user here ( thanks cuda65Vpt) they fit perfect. the plastic does shrink a little and I wanted it easier to get off the mold so I made the mold bigger. it takes a 5 11/4 round speaker and the thing is 2 3/4 deep. I'll be finishing it and starting on the other side this weekend (hopefully, depending on the honeydo list)

View attachment DSCF3739.JPG

View attachment DSCF3740.JPG

View attachment DSCF3741.JPG

Subscribed! Are you going to stretch fleece over your buck and soak it with fiberglass resin, then add a layer of fiberglass mat for strength? :happy1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back