64 Fury

-

matthon

Reaction score
Wagon has been sitting too long, 318 poly is stuck. Is the 318 worth the effort to free, or a total rebuild?

20180221_172527.jpg

20180221_143154.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wagon has been sitting too long, 318 poly is stuck. Is the 318 worth the effort to free, or a total rebuild? Anyone in the upstate NY area have a running big block for sale?

View attachment 1715145578

View attachment 1715145580
Rebuild the poly!!

Honesty, facing the same delima with my 64 polara. So I went and picked up a 318poly that is in really nice shape while I decide what to do with the original poly in the car

IMG_3789.JPG

IMG_3869.JPG

IMG_3870.JPG

Wagon has been sitting too long, 318 poly is stuck. Is the 318 worth the effort to free, or a total rebuild? Anyone in the upstate NY area have a running big block for sale?

View attachment 1715145578

View attachment 1715145580
whatever you decide, which ever way you go, that car is definitely a keeper! very cool. I kind of like the 318 poly, but a 383 might be the cheaper move in the long run.

Rebuild the poly! They are making big power out of those motors, and you already have it...so!

I removed the question as to whether anybody had a big block for sale from your original post. If you want a engine you need to start a wanted thread. sorry, tmm. (moderator)

So, I bought PB Blaster and some Marvel Mystery Oil. My understanding is people pull the plugs and put one or the other in there to soak for a time, then turn engine manually. Anyone have any experience with this?

So, I bought PB Blaster and some Marvel Mystery Oil. My understanding is people pull the plugs and put one or the other in there to soak for a time, then turn engine manually. Anyone have any experience with this?

Yep, that's how it's done! Transmission fluid works well also!

COOL car. I would at least try a Poly rebuild. Have you tried poring Marvel Mystery oil down each cylinder?

I think I'll try a little PB Blaster first, and if that doesn't work I'll hit it with the MM and let it soak for a week. It's a little strange, there is no evidence of water damage anywhere, no water in the oil, plugs were clean, carb looks fine, parked years ago and it's locked up

I think I'll try a little PB Blaster first, and if that doesn't work I'll hit it with the MM and let it soak for a week. It's a little strange, there is no evidence of water damage anywhere, no water in the oil, plugs were clean, carb looks fine, parked years ago and it's locked up
I use ATF, a dab in each cylinder for a couple days.

Keep in mind, moisture from the air can get into cylinders of engines simply due to condensation as the temperature changes. Especially when the rockers aren't removed to allow the valves to close during storage

-
Back