65 - 66 Dart Front bumper the same ?

-

604B1duster

Reaction score
They look the same or very close. Will a 65 dart bumper fit a 66 ? Thanks

I say yes, I have just picked up a 66 for my 65 and will know for sure in a couple of days.

No, they are different. 65 slanted back more and 66 is flatter, the turn signals are also different.

Learn some thing new every day. I thought the 65 and 66 were the same.

Definitely not as I found out the hard way - bought off eBag quite a few years ago a rechromed bumper listed as for a 65 Dart. I put it in the rafters and never opened it as it said 65 Dart. Unwrapped it to check something and it did not look like a 65 - yep - it's a 66. Teach me to open anything I buy right away. It'll be going to the Nationals to try and sell.

Definitely not as I found out the hard way - bought off eBag quite a few years ago a rechromed bumper listed as for a 65 Dart. I put it in the rafters and never opened it as it said 65 Dart. Unwrapped it to check something and it did not look like a 65 - yep - it's a 66. Teach me to open anything I buy right away. It'll be going to the Nationals to try and sell.

Dang, I bet to ship that bumper to my place would be costly. Wish you were local so I could help you out with that. Clean 66 dart bumpers are a rareity!

Oddly enough i had picked up a bumper from what i believe to be from a 66 Valiant and have installed it on my 65 Dart. I have a 65 Valiant Signet and it is a twin to my Dart with different badging.

-
Back