65 barracuda bolt pattern

-
I just bought my 1971 Valiant. Is that also a 4 inch? I didn't pop a wheel off yet.
I was looking on Summit. Most of the wheels seem to be 4 1/2 inch Bolt pattern.

I'm thinking that was 73 or 74.

The end of the studs will usually have a L stamped on the end you can see if they are reverse thread or an R for the standard right hand studs

Should be 5 on 4" bolt circle from factory. Yes
Thanks!!! I see their not as easy to find...Mag wheels I mean.

What year did the reverse thread wheel studs end?
Reverse?? :pale: I didn't try to remove my wheels yet, only had it for two days. I didn't know that these might have a reverse pattern.

1970, 1971 is all right hand

Mine is a 71. I guess I am okay then to just take them off the normal way....so to speak...

Reverse meant left hand thread, which by itself can be a easy fix. My 70 had left hended threads.

Thanks!!! I see their not as easy to find...Mag wheels I mean.

Reverse?? :pale: I didn't try to remove my wheels yet, only had it for two days. I didn't know that these might have a reverse pattern.

Mine is a 71. I guess I am okay then to just take them off the normal way....so to speak...

I have had leftys all the way through 1972. Who knows if something was changed along the way.
Don't guess there is an easy way to tell if the stud has exposed ends. Look at the end of the stud and see if there is an L on it. It will be left handed thread if the L is there.

all a bodies got small bolt pattern untill you make them larger like I did on my 65 formula s! So I could fit better 14" ralley wheels!!!!! Origianlly 13 inch wheels yuck!

Mopar or nocar!!!!! Love my cuda!

I just picked up a 65 Formula S. A couple of the wheel studs are broken on the driver side, anyone know what size these studs are so I can swap them out?

I just picked up a 65 Formula S. A couple of the wheel studs are broken on the driver side, anyone know what size these studs are so I can swap them out?

My 66 uses 7/16-20. I'm pretty sure 65 used the same.

They were probably broken off when someone tried to remove them they way you would remove most lug nuts. Righty tighty, lefty loosey. The only problem is the factory put left hand threads on the driver's side. So, they work opposite.

Bigfish
Look the lh threads over good. if they havn't ben changed thru the years they are left hand. Not fun snapping them off.

barracudadave67

-
Back