65 Barracuda help

-

la2alle

Bad Fish 65
Reaction score
Hi,

Maybe someone can help me on this, I'm putting my 65 Barracuda together and need books, literature on how things go back. Car was taken apart by a bodyshop and then went out of business (with my money) left me the car in pieces. I've rebuilt the motor, Transmission and I'm having the car painted... Just obviously can't remember were all the parts go... Trim pieces, interior, some engine bay pieces etc. So, need parts book of were things go? etc.

Here are some Pic's of what I've done so far.

Attachments

• Car 1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 158
  • Car 3.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 158
  • Car 2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Motor 1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Tranny 1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Tranny 2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Tranny 3.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 138
Thanks, but boy that's expensive ( on Ebay), I'm hoping someone here has something less expensive or would let me use, rent a parts book?

Thanks, but boy that's expensive ( on Ebay), I'm hoping someone here has something less expensive or would let me use, rent a parts book?

I think this link might help you out. it's a link to service manuals you can download
not a parts book though I haven't found one of those online yet and they are expensive!
http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109

No doubt part books are expensive for sure. I have them for my cars and they have been one of the most valuable tools in my arsenal.

I have saved a ton of money by looking up parts by the part number on eBay when the seller had no idea of the application. On just one part I saved $156 over the going daily rate and I have scored numerous parts that are super hard to find at a cheap price.

How about grouping parts up by their nature and taking pics of wha you have and post them here. If its a linkage, put it in the picture with all of the other linkages, and so on. Then number them and let us have a look see. If I can identify it, ill send you a pic here of where it goes and how, and maybe the procedure to put it back together if I know it!!

Doesn't look like it is completely stripped, you still have a woodgrain sport wheel on it!! I hope it's a crappy one else you better swap it out with a crappy wheel to keep it nice!! Don't want to have to replace it if not necessary! Geof

Thanks, that sound like a plan, yeah the pictures of the car in the body shop are taking about 2 wks ago, they are just about finished.

Its a shame you are not close to me I have the original manual for my 65 formula S parts book and all! However I am on the North Side of Chicago does you no good! Your car is looking good and I wish you the best as few people have the gusto to restore the early a body barracudas!! My car is totally mechanically done just needs to do the body and paint, as I call it a small hole I throw money in too! I love my Formula S as it is my second early A body Barracuda, I had a 66 that ran high 12's in the quarter mile with a 318 motor, it got creamed one day coming home from the track many years ago by a old man backing out of his driveway not looking! You need some help with what goes where just ask we will help I can look it up or just tell you from my experience with my cars, as this one has been on a rotisserie and mechanically runs well for sure! It has been upgraded to modern front disc brake kit dual master cylinder, 81/4 rear end, and also a 318 motor that runs like a rabbit! As I say often Mopar or No Car!!

65Cudalover

Thanks guys, everyone here is amazing! Appreciated all the helpful info. I'll be posting more info and pics soon.

-
Back