'65 Barracuda parts car(?)

-

phish1270

phish1270
Reaction score
Guys,

I have been asked if I was interested in a 1965 Barracuda in the Charlotte, NC area. It is sinking (slowly) into the ground, can't get a great look underneath it but it looks more like a parts car to me. Both quarters have substantial rust & driver side quarter has been hit. The taillight lenses are shot/smashed, most of the front end trim has seen better days. The floors are rotted out & the interior is pretty trashed. It is a slant 6 car, auto. The center console looks salvageable, both bumpers are decent (good cores), the whole front clip, fenders, hood, both doors look decent. I will probably claim the driver's door if I get a chance. It is a factory AC car with the dash controls & what appears to be most of the components under the hood. Four wheel drums with steel rims & hubcaps. The seats are good frames but would need to be re-upholstered. Most of the trim & stainless is in good shape. Most of the glass looks good except the windshield is fogging along the bottom.
They are of course giving me the "make an offer" line which I hate. The car was given to them so as far as I can tell they don't have any $ in it. I really hate to see it go to the scrapyard but I also do not have the space or need to store a bunch of parts right now. It would obviously be preferable to find someone local for the bigger parts but I could figure out a way to ship some parts if this deal happens. Just thought I would ask if there is any interest & what kind of an offer would be reasonable. It looks like at current scrap prices the car would get about $150-175 at a scrapyard.

Attachments

• WP_20150215_001.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 213
  • WP_20150215_002.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 214
  • WP_20150215_003.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 207
  • WP_20150215_004.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 207
  • WP_20150215_005.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 246
  • WP_20150215_006.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 219
  • WP_20150215_007.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 210
Probably worth 5 to 8 hundred. Many parts will sell that you can ship like the steering box, fresh air boxes steering column and others to make you a little side money. If you can park it somewhere list it here with pics and you can sell quite a bit of it in a few months time.

I would gladly pay $500 for that car if it were offered to me, and I'd bet they'll take it!! Snap it up!! Geof

Lots of parts there. Also restoration parts are available if you decide to go that way.

Ill give you $100 for only 5 parts off that car. and itll still be a driver. Is that a 64? I dont recognize the seat pattern..

Let me know if you want to sell the parts off or go in half. I am in Virginia Beach and will be down that way for the Charlotte Swap meet.

The bumpers look good for NC. The side and rear trim is all stainless, so should be fine if not dinged. Good front aluminum trim is always rare. If factory front disk brakes, the parts $150+ even if worn. Other valuable parts are a manual steering gear, V-8 cross-member, factory 4 bbl 273. Don't believe the glass is worth $2000. I bet they would take $400, since more than the junkyard would pay.

-
Back