65 dart fiberglass by Fibercraft

-

Craven Moorhead

Reaction score
Anyone know much about the glass that was available by Fibercraft in 65? Or better yet is anyone producing fiberglass for the 65 dart, hoods, bumpers?

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"The ultimate racing Dart for ’65 would have been one in which its steel body panels were replaced with fiberglass ones made for Dodge by a company called Fibercraft. The switch would have saved 400 ET-robbing pounds.[/FONT]"

Anyone know much about the glass that was available by Fibercraft in 65? Or better yet is anyone producing fiberglass for the 65 dart, hoods, bumpers?

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"The ultimate racing Dart for ’65 would have been one in which its steel body panels were replaced with fiberglass ones made for Dodge by a company called Fibercraft. The switch would have saved 400 ET-robbing pounds.[/FONT]"
Checkout VFN,s site,they have lots for 64-66 Early A,s.Hoods,trunklids,bumpers.

Oops,sorry I thought they would,ve had the 65 bumpers.Is there much difference between 65 and 66 bumpers?

By appearance I wold say yes at least in the front. Anyone have any history on the Fibercraft parts?

I too have kept my eyes open for '65 Dart fiberglass. I havent purchased any, but the only parts I've seen yet are the front/rear bumpers from '64 & '66

65 Dart Bumpers do interchange

'64 Dart Rear Bumper = '65 Dart Rear Bumper
'66 Dart Front Bumper = '65 Dart Front Bumper

There's a red 65 dart on this site, owned by a shop teacher I believe, with a glass hood.. Can't remember his user name at the moment.

To bad you live far from me, I have a 65 lift off hood with a hood scoop, I was selling on this site.

I have the "red 65" with a glass hood. Mister Fiber glass out of Detroit made mine about 25 years ago! Not sure if he is even alive after smelling all the fiberglass fumes!! lol! In fact I have two hoods of "glass" one is "compromised some" cause I got hit in the staging lanes about 10 years ago! I was the meat in the sandwich, and after 10K my car was back together! Not a fun 14 months!

I have a wsracing hood and front bumper for my 65 dart . All good !!!
front bumper is for a 66 dart also fits fine. I fabbed hood so it hinged.

I am unable to view pics on this site for some reason, is the 65 and 66 bumper the same exact bumper?

I have been thinking about putting a 64 bumper on my 65. I found a 65 GT pic with the 64 bumper and it looks great. Just not sure how hard it would be to put on.

-
Back