65 Dart front bumper on a 66?

-

KevinB

Reaction score
How easy or hard would it be? I know you need the valance, assume you got that....and I assume the brackets and/or mounting locations are different. Can the valance be adapted to bolt up? what about the width of the bumper?

Looks like the side scallops on the 66 fenders are the biggest obstacle, probably have to swap for 65 fenders huh

Last edited:
66 front clip is completely different then the 65 .
Nothing will mix and match , you will have to either make it a 66 or change everything, hood fenders grill bumper trim and all the brackets .

The 66 is one year only so is the 65 never the Twain shall meet.

66 front clip is completely different then the 65 .
Nothing will mix and match , you will have to either make it a 66 or change everything, hood fenders grill bumper trim and all the brackets .

The 66 is one year only so is the 65 never the Twain shall meet.

Yeah giving up on the front bumper idea. Long term though I will be putting a 65 rear clip on my 66, so in fact on my car the Twain shall meet! lol :lol:

How easy or hard would it be? I know you need the valance, assume you got that....and I assume the brackets and/or mounting locations are different. Can the valance be adapted to bolt up? what about the width of the bumper?

Looks like the side scallops on the 66 fenders are the biggest obstacle, probably have to swap for 65 fenders huh
Seeml if you changed the bumper brackets you could mount a. 65 bumper on a 66

Seeml if you changed the bumper brackets you could mount a. 65 bumper on a 66

if you look at the front of the fenders there are huge differences. as much as I dislike the truck bumpers they started using in 66, not worth it imho. I'll stick with swapping the back out for now

-
Back