65 Dart-show me your hood scoop!

-

gregsdart

Reaction score
I am looking for a hood scoop for my 65, paint on this car is almost perfect so i am looking for somthing i can color match.
I have a mold for a 65 hood, so i have options to go glass rather than mess up my good hood.

My scoop!

DSC_1102.JPG

DSC_1105.JPG

65dc, I have that exact scoop on my original race car steel hood!

I can't decide what scoop to run with the 6 pack?

1.jpg

2.jpg

I'm hoping to find one that is low, or lower than a standard 6pak for primarily street driving.

I sat in mine just to see how tall it was and I could see over it, and I figure once it's mounted it will be lower, so if I run someone over they should have been looking out for themselves. I always look out for myself because no one else will.

BIT, i am more interested in a cold air inlet than the little gained from an above the boundary layer scoop that gets a small boost in power at speed. Looks are more important to me, since. I want to run a 12.0 bracket class, and dynoed at 504 crank hp. It isn't going to be easy to kill et and still get good mph, but i would like to run 12.00 at 116+ mph.

BIT, i am more interested in a cold air inlet than the little gained from an above the boundary layer scoop that gets a small boost in power at speed. Looks are more important to me, since. I want to run a 12.0 bracket class, and dynoed at 504 crank hp. It isn't going to be easy to kill et and still get good mph, but i would like to run 12.00 at 116+ mph.

I see what you mean..I was thinking full blown fast Race Car. Been away from actually racing for a long time..Could you throttle stop it to get what you want.?

Sportsman class so i would have to permanently limit throttle opening. My converter will be somewhat tight (3500?) So maybe serious short shifting will do it.

I've owned this car since 1969. It remains a small block car, 904 and Dana 60. Runs pretty well, 9.50's on a regular basis. [all steel except glass hood/scoop]

yes. fiberglass. I had it made 20 years ago. private guy. who passed away some time ago.
Thats fuckin awesome. Workin on 65 Dart vert.project , smallblock nitrous carbed magnum/4spd conversion debackle springs on rails inward 8 3/4 etc. Want fiberglass hood or I wont use one LOL If any connections on even plain hood LMK.

Thanks, Dave

Thats fuckin awesome. Workin on 65 Dart vert.project , smallblock nitrous carbed magnum/4spd conversion debackle springs on rails inward 8 3/4 etc. Want fiberglass hood or I wont use one LOL If any connections on even plain hood LMK.

Thanks, Dave
Got same centerlines skinnys + back 10"r's

new look as of June 2017. a tribute to my son...I lost him to an accident on March of 2017 he was 33. too damm young to lose my hot rod son!

IMG_2813.jpg

New car number 3321 which represents his age and college/high school baseball number. "state baseball championship". AJ was the closing pitcher! a day, a memory! ...for life!

IMG_2993.JPG

-
Back