65 Dart with a 273- air cleaner base removal ?

-

73dart360

Reaction score
It seems the base does not want to lift off ,I noticed there is some sort of lever on it , can somebody help I am trying to remove it so i can paint it.

DSC00727.JPG

DSC00728.JPG

is it a small triangular end of a rod sticking out.
--unscrew it.
it clamps to the mouth of the carb.

If it's what I think it is, you should be able to unscrew it and pull it off. I don't know how loose it had to be though.

It seems the base does not want to lift off ,I noticed there is some sort of lever on it , can somebody help I am trying to remove it so i can paint it.

View attachment 1714993089

View attachment 1714993090

Just want to say that this is an example of why A body folks are the best- always willing to take the time to help

Don't ever hesitate to ask a question with what ever you are struggling with- people happy to help

Interesting. My 1965 273 Dart is a factory 2-barrel (Carter BBD), but had a regular cylindrical air cleaner w/ no such rod sticking out. I assume my air cleaner was factory. Do you have a different carburetor? Stromberg or such?

Interesting. My 1965 273 Dart is a factory 2-barrel (Carter BBD), but had a regular cylindrical air cleaner w/ no such rod sticking out. I assume my air cleaner was factory. Do you have a different carburetor? Stromberg or such?
I've got the same air cleaner as pictured above on my '65 273 Carter BBD as well.

-
Back