65 Signet 273 motor mounts

-

Litz

Reaction score
I need some help/advice on where I can purchase some new motor mounts for my 65 Signet with the factory 273. The only ones I can find are too thin. My originals are way thicker and I need the original style for header clearance. Thanks in advance, Litz

I got mine from shumaker services for my 65 dart 273. Doesn’t seem they carry them anymore.

Last edited:
If you are talking about the sandwich style mounts (rubber / studs) the thinner ones are for a 67-76 small block.

I found a set on rock auto for my 66 273 that were almost 3/8” higher and my headers cleared easier.

Almost all the listings are incorrect now, they list the later mounts. The correct ones to look for are jobber #2338 mounts, most manufacturers use some form of that number- Anchor 2338, Pioneer 602338, FVP EM2338, etc.
Alternatively, there is a great substitute using Dodge truck mounts: https://earlycuda.org/techdocs/JimBowenTheHolyGrailofMotorMounts.pdf

Last edited:
L.aysons and Classic Ind also show 'em as part # MM2226
That's Classic's number for Layson's mount that they resell- Layson's number is RD-636SCSI.
1707363278025.png

But he lists it through '69, which ain't right- should just be '64 through '66.
I still personally prefer to use the truck biscuit I referenced above. Especially with anything that has a warmed-up smallblock, since it has a built-in torque limiter and is the correct height.

Last edited:
-
Back