[WANTED] 650 vs holley

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a 600 work? I think Stubby has enough spare parts to Frankenstein one up.

Maybe someone in your area can give your 600 a rebuild for you. Could give them the 750 as payment. Just a thought.....

If you want a 600, last time I ordered a Holley 80457 from Mancini it was just under $300, like $286. It is a 600 vacuum secondary square bore with electric choke that is calibrated for a 69 vintage engine right out of the box. Nice carbs. It is basically the generic 1850 with an electric choke standard.

If you want a 600, last time I ordered a Holley 80457 from Mancini it was just under $300, like $286. It is a 600 vacuum secondary square bore with electric choke that is calibrated for a 69 vintage engine right out of the box. Nice carbs. It is basically the generic 1850 with an electric choke standard.

I want a 650 .

I'm sure someone has a 650 they could trade out since you've got a 750. That's a pretty common step up. Just keep the post alive for a week or two. Maybe post pics of your available carbs w/ numbers as well.

Here it is the o fending carb i have lost trust in it sure it could be just the needle and seat issue but what ever,it an 3310-2 in good shape,i am willing to buy your 650 or trade.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 216
I got one at the house. I'll check it out when I get home and verify it's a 650. Was running when I took it off, may just need a quick cleaning. I'll let you know.

Snake the only 650 vacuum secondary I know of was the spread bore model they used on GM's. If you want a vacuum secondary it's either a 600 or 670. If you have a aftermarket intake the GM style carb may work with some linkage mods. Good luck

Snake the only 650 vacuum secondary I know of was the spread bore model they used on GM's. If you want a vacuum secondary it's either a 600 or 670. If you have a aftermarket intake the GM style carb may work with some linkage mods. Good luck

Thanks for clearing things up

I've run a Holley 6711 on a 340 before.

It's a 650 mechanical secondary spread bore recommended to replace the Thermoquad and works with the stock choke thermostat. A bit difficult to tune on an auto car but still did run ok. Just don't stomp it all the way out of the hole, get off the line, then stomp it.

KrazyKuda do you know if they made it in a vac sec version?

No I don't. I believe that it was a 4165 series. I know you couldn't put an electric choke on it.

Have you tried calling the Holley tech line and asking them?

No I don't. I believe that it was a 4165 series. I know you couldn't put an electric choke on it.

Have you tried calling the Holley tech line and asking them?

Your right, their 4165's. I don't need one so I haven't called. Was just if you knew for Snake's benefit. When I was a kid I had an old Monte Carlo with a 350 and I put a 6211 on it. Was a great carb. Ran better than the Q-jet and got a little better gas mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back