66 Barracuda front / rear seat foam replacment

-

Norman Eigne

Reaction score
I need to replace the seat foam front and rear on my 66 Barracuda. I have owned my car since 1968 and the foam falling to the floor. Any suggestions or recomendations of where to buy good quality replacment seat foam. The interior of the car is original except for the carpet.

Norman

You can get the foam from Legendary Interiors. It is a job sometimes better left to a professional upholsterer as it needs quite a bit of trimming and contouring! Maybe contact member "66Cuda" and see if be has some pics of his being done! Maybe??

New reproduction seat foam is available for the front buckets.

Reproduction/replacement foam for the rear seat is not available anywhere. You will have to fab your own up or have an upholstery shop do it for you. The factory original rear seat padding is a fiber/cotton batting material, it's not actually foam like the front buckets. But you can build your own foam pad by sourcing the foam flat stock from a hobby supply or JoAnn Fabric store. Use the 3M-77 spray adhesive to do the gluing with.

Hey Rick Layson,
Which foam on http://www.joann.com would work best for the rear seat padding on a 66 Cuda? I looked at Item # 11178100, Item # 13136163, or something different?
Thanks

I used Legendary. They were great, have instructional videos and good tech support.

-
Back